Chapter 3 - Flashback & Dinner

Start from the beginning

The doctor chuckled and sat on the edge of the bed. "I know." He smiled, a sad one.

---

The broken-hearted male slammed his door shut. Ignoring his mom's yells. The scene from earlier keep repeating over and over in his head. Especially the words she said.

"You're still a kid afterall."

He laughed and wiped his tears away. He cried in his sleep all night. The next day, he skipped school. "WAKE THE HELL UP SLEEPY HEAD." His mother barged in to his room. She was about to threw a bucket of water to her son when she noticed his face. His pale face is red, he has swollen eyes, probably because of crying all night. She put her hand on his forehead, checking for his temperature.

He's burning hot, the mom widened her eyes in surprise. She took care of him for days, his fever doesn't seem to gone that soon. His mother sometimes heard him sobbing when she left the room. She understood what her son felt, she held back her questions. Not wanting to make her son felt worse.

---

"Mornin' Asakura-kun! Why were you absent for so long?" The cheerful red-haired male asked his classmate. "Shut the fuck up, you shit." Kou glared at his classmate. He was quite taken back from what his classmate said to him. Whispers and chatters can be heard in the classroom.

"H-Hey what's wrong?" His classmate approached the male. He growled and glared at him. "Leave me alone."

From that day, Kou's friends decreased. It's not like he cares. He's changed completely. He rarely showed any emotions. And he from that day too, he hates all upperclassmens since they'll only treat him like a kid.

一一一

Kou ripped the photo and threw it to the bin. His head hurts from remembering all those events. And those memories, came back. Re-opening his old wounds. He just can't imagine why she did that. His head's filled with questions again. He held back his tears and gave up to find out the truth. It's been three years anyways. He decided to sleep and forget about the past. But he has weak heart. His tears fell continuously for the entire night.

---

"Wakey-wakey lil poop, time to go to hell again!" His mom barged in with a frying pan and spatula. She walks over to her son's bed, only to see her son in a familiar state. She sighed, 'What did this poop get into again?' she thought. "I'll call the school you're sick or something. Calm yourself down, I'll bring some tea to you." His mom said and left the room.

Kou tighten his grip on the sheets. 'Why am I even crying? Pathetic.' He thought. 'Ishikawa-senpai'll treat me the same way anyways. Why am I getting flustered by him?' He thought again, blushing at the thought of the ravenette kissing his cheek.

---

My mom barged in my room again by kicking the door as always. Ugh, is she like a barbarian woma-- Suddenly, a slipper was thrown to my face. "I can read your mind, you shit." She growled at me. She coughed and continue to talk "Anyways! That hottie from the other day is downstairs~" She squealed. "Oh I see...WAIT WHAT?"

---

I awkwardly open the door to my room, letting Ren entering my room. "Woah, this room smells like Kou-chan!" Ren smiled, enjoying the scent of my room. Creep. "W-What do you want?" I asked and sit at the edge of my bed.

"Isn't it obvious? I want to meet Kou-chan." He grinned and pins me down to the bed. "WHAT THE HECK? LET GO!" I shouted and try to kick him. This sexy beast suddenly hugs me. I froze, trying to process what's happening. I came back to my senses when he nuzzled on my neck. I let out a yelp and hit his back. "L-Let go..." I whimpered, but then shudderred when he bit my ear. "I haven't seen you all day...I missed you so much." He whispered, tickling my ear with his hot breath.

The ravenette was about to continue when they hear a knock from the door. Probably Kou's father, since his mom'll just barge in. "U-Uhm...your mother has prepared dinner...she w-wants you two to eat now..." His father said infront of his door. "O-Okay!" Kou shouted and fixed his hair. 'I wonder how did they end up together...' Ren thought.

---

"いただきます*! [itadakimasu]" They all said before eating the (surprisingly) delicious food Kou's mother made for dinner. "By the way, Ishikawa-kun really is handsome, isn't he? He reminds me of your father back in the old days~" Kou's mom said while staring dreamily at Ren. "Uh...he looked like me?" Ren said after he ate a spoonful of rice. "Ahahah, not really! Your charms reminds me of his youngself! He looks much cuter without his glasses on!" Kou's mom said while blushing. Kou's dad's face is as red as tomato because all of the praises his wife gave him.

"Woah, really?" Ren said, interested to see the older male's face without the glasses on. "Honey, if you don't mind?" His wife gave him a puppy eyes. He blushed and nodded. He took off his glasses. Ren and Kou's mouths went agape at his face. Kou's mom squealed and fangirls over him. "MY HUBBY REALLY IS THE CUTEST!"

"Uh...this is the first time...Kou's f-friend...came..." Kou's dad spoke. "That's right! I thought he's a loner or something!" Kou's mom shook her head. "Why are you friends with a weirdo like him anyways?" Kou's mom said and took another piece of vegetables. "Ah, it's because I like him a lot!" Ren grinned.

There's a dead silence for a few seconds until Kou's dad went upstairs. Then there's a sound of door locked. Ren and Kou sweat dropped at the sight. "Run." Kou muttered to Ren. "Huh?" Ren glanced at Kou's pale face. Obviously terrified about what's gonna happen next.

Then, Kou's mother went to the kitchen. She came back a few seconds later with a knife in her hand. "THE FUCK DID YOU SAY?" She lunged forward to attack Ren. But Kou held his mother back. "DAD HELP ME GODDAMNIT!"

●●●
A/N

Tbh I really love Kou's mother.
Like really.

* = I actually don't feel comfortable using Romaji. And you can learn Japanese too (?) I honestly don't know the translation of いただきます so I typed it in Japanese. Hope you don't mind!

As always, thank you for the views, votes, and comments!
Please don't be shy, I'm so lonely //cri.