Chapter 5: McSpicy

"Guys, good news!" our trainer, Mr Wang, exclaims enthusiastically causing us to perk up and sit at the edge of our seats only to be disappointed by his next sentence.

     "You have an assignment. Oh and you guys are pairing up," he sneers before adding,"And I'm choosing your partners."

     There was an agitated vociferation from the trainees when he piled up our holiday homework but it soon died down when it dawned on us that our future project partner was in the hands of the merciless Mr Wang.

    "Pass these down," Mr Wang hands the stack of paper to the trainees at the front. The assignment sheets rustled as they were passed down the rows in the tense silence of the practice room. The pin-drop silence of the room made the trainees look around at their best friends a.k.a ideal partners. Some even clamped their hands together tightly and said prayers, wishing for a miracle to happen for they all knew that Mr Wang would never pair them up with their closest friends.

     I was similar to the rest of them. This was the first time he was assigning partners. I handled other projects well since everyone picked their own group mates and I just did them alone. I flinch at the thought of working with the evil sisters.sent

     "Time to announce the pairs!" Mr Wang announces in a sick, over-enthusiastic voice, taunting us.  

     The trainees chanted last-minute hushed prayers as they waited with bated breath for their respective pairs.

      "Urmmm... Let's see," he flips the set of papers in his hands.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      "Well? Come up with something already?! Ugh!"

     I think I jinxed myself.

     "Well, uhmmm. We should think of the song we're gonna perform, I guess," I answer warily.

     "Then what are you waiting for?" she asks, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder.

     "Uhmmm I uhh-"

     "Speak properly, will you? Don't waste my time," she huffs.

     How ironic.

     "Uhmmm I was thinking of Red Velvet's Dumb Dumb. We could uh we could perform that," I stutter in response.

      "We'll practice individually," she mutters as she strides out of the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

     "Ayeeee! Ah Reum!"

     I grimace at hearing them shout my name across all the people. I duck my head in shame and try to walk back out of the McDonald's restaurant but Minghao was not having it and neither was Jun.

     They link their arms through mine and pull me towards their table. My instincts scream for me to free my arm but their enthusiasm is contagious and I find myself laughing along with them.

     "So, did you get the assignment too?" Woozi asks, being the most normal out of the boys.

     "Yeap," I answer simply.

     "Do you like your partner?" He asks, a hint of bitterness in his voice.

     "Uhhmmm, wellll," I trail off.

     "Me neither," he says. "Hoshi's my partner."

     A chuckle falls from my lips unconsciously.

     Oh, if he knew.

     I look around the table and my eyes lock with Wonwoo's. I offer him a grateful smile when I remember the most recent incident.

     He answers me with a stony expression before indulging in his burger.

     I brush it off and look around the table again. The guys were all goofing off as per usual - except Dokyum. He was on his phone the entire time we were here. As if it wasn't suspicious enough, he was smiling gleefully to himself and answering in hushed whispers. I furrow my eyebrows but don't question it. Besides, we weren't all that close for me to ask him about his personal beeswax.

     I turn my head to face Mingyu, the face of Seventeen. He was breathtaking and I couldn't help but to ogle at him and all his glory. His tousled brown hair almost hanging in his eyes. My chest constricts just looking at him.

     "Do you wanna eat something?" he asks.

      I stare up at him, unable to say anything. He takes my silence as a yes and asks in a playful tone, "What about a cheeseburger?"

     "Nope. She can't eat that. She's gaining weight around her face too," Seunggwan cuts in like the annoying brat he is and I wanted nothing more than to stab him.

     Before I could react, Mingyu was already taking my side.

     "Shut up, Seunggwan," he mumbles. "What do you wanna eat? You can have whatever you want." He says, his lips curving into a gentle smile as he runs his fingers through his hair.

     He doesn't even realise that he's causing an immense distraction by his movements. I swallow, gulping back the small shocks and waves of attraction floating freely in the air between us as I try to ignore the effect he has on me. "Urmmm..." I trail off, completely flustered by him.

     Mingyu still doesn't seem to notice as he goes on, "Hmm, the McSpicy is good. Do you wanna get that?"

     "Uhuh, sure," I reply, playing it cool.

     I ate my burger in silence but since the space around the table was limited, he ends up brushing up right against me, leaving me blushing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

>>irah<<

Hey cuties;) Yeah it's been a long time since the last update and I'm really really really sorry. Its just that school work has been piling up and it has all been very exhausting. I'm so sorry for the late update and I'll try to get the next chapter up ASAP.

Bye:)))