“Guess what?” I squealed as I sat beside my friends at the noisy and crowded cafeteria.

“Let me guess, it involves you and that player.” Tia said, looking over my shoulder and glared at Aiden- who was eating with a group of guys. Tia was like my sister; we’ve known each since birth. She’s always there for me when I need her, but sometimes I get annoyed by her over protective ways. I’m happy that she cares about me, but she pushes it too much sometimes.

“He’s not a player anymore Tia. He said he’d change. And yes it’s about me and him.” I replied, trying to convince my friend and smiling, remembering what Aiden told me earlier.

Tia scoffed at what I said. “Yeah right, change? You’ve got to be kidding me. It’s so gross that he’s had numerous girlfriends when he’s only fifteen”

Her words struck my mind. I looked down and scowled at my food. Maybe Tia’s right, what he hasn’t changed? And it was true that he had plenty of girlfriends, but as his girlfriend I have to trust him.

“Look Ell, sorry about what I said, alright? I just can’t help it, I don’t want you to get hurt.” Tia said, looking at me. I smiled at her in response, but that didn’t take away my thoughts.

“Anyways what did you want to tell us?” Janna, my other friend asked.

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot.” Suddenly all my sadness faded away. “Aiden and I are going on our first date on Saturday.” I babbled excitedly.

“That’s good.” Janna said. As for Tia . . . she just shrugged- which made me lose myself.

“Tia why are you like this? Can’t you just be happy for me?” I snapped, glaring at her.

“I’m like this because I think you’re being stupid!” She growled, standing up and walking away, leaving me and Janna stunned. “Don’t come crying to me when you get that stupid heart of yours broken.” she yelled from across the cafeteria making everyone’s eyes look at her. She gave them the finger and stormed out of room.

“You know, I admire the way she speaks her mind . . .” Janna trailed “but that was too much of a shock even for me.”

“Yeah me too” I mumbled, feeling angry and sad at the same time. I hate getting into fights with Tia, but pretty soon enough she’ll realize that she’s wrong and I’m right.

“Ellie, what happened?” a voice that filled my ears with happiness came from behind.

My head instantly turned around to face him; there stood Aiden- my one and only boyfriend.

“Let’s go somewhere private.” I said, standing up and walking beside him to the exit of the school.

We walked for a couple of minutes and headed around the side of the school. When we got there, he suddenly leaned in and gave me a kiss on the lips, giving my stomach butterflies.