Batchi the Bounty Hunter

Start from the beginning

The tall girl squinted her eyes at that. "Trouble in paradise? Iniwan ka na ni Abby, no?" she added, sporting her typical 'aha!' and 'I knew it!' face.

"Uy ah, wagas ang pagmamahalan naming dalawa."

"Well, if only Althea will call me back, mas magiging wagas yung sa 'min," Cathleen interjected with a sigh. "It'll be like Romeo and Juliet but without the suicide, the family feuds, murder, homicides, and that weird skull."

"Hamlet yung sa skull. Baliw."

"Much better. We're comparable to classicals. Timeless. Like my passion for her and her sexy guitar-playing" the tall girl stated with a dreamy sigh before winking at Batchi.

The short-haired girl snorted at that before rolling her eyes. That right there is the reason why, despite meeting the girl first time in her and Althea's shared dormitory while the other girl is buck-naked, she's friends with Cathleen.

She's a riot to be with. And right now, Batchi needs it.

"'Wag ka ngang ewan. Hirap na nga ako sa paghahanap eh." Batchi plopped down on the nearest bench then noticed how some people are staring in their direction.

Agaw eksena talaga lagi eh, the short-haired girl thought with a chuckle before she felt the other girl sit beside her.

"Sino ba kasi yun? Is she really that important?"

Batchi sighed as she remembers her friend. She remembered the blushing, mumbling, and stuttering whenever the mysterious redhead is being brought up in a conversation. And whenever that happens, it only reinforces her desire to look for the mysterious girl despite her friend's verbal (and sometimes physical) protests.

Because Batchi Luna thinks that something impossible just happened: Althea Guevarra is smitten with a girl she barely even knew.

Not for long, she thought before looking at the girl beside her. "Oo," she replied with conviction. "Sobrang importante," she emphasized before giving a really brief explanation to the girl—who is all ears—on why she needs to find the mysterious girl.

Leaving the part where Althea is probably and/or possibly inlove with her.

"Weird mo. Weird niyo," Cathleen deadpanned as Batchi finishes telling her the why.

"Nagsalita," the short-haired girl muttered under her breath loud enough to be heard but the other girl ignored her completely and continues.

"But I respect your conviction and all that shit," the tall girl added with a pensive look on her face. "Let's go. May naisip akong plan."

----------

"I did some modeling before going to college..."

"Good afternoon! My name is Stephanie and I'm 21 years old..."

"I did some semi-nudes for art dati. It was tasteful naman. I have some samples here..."

"Is this for a commercial? My manager is asking kasi eh..."

The short-haired girl almost face-palmed at the inquiry of the girl in front of her. But she didn't. Or couldn't, rather.

"Possibly. If you have what we are looking for, we'll definitely contact you and your agent," a professional-sounding Cathleen has voiced out in reply to the redhead in front of them.

Well, the thirtieth redheaded girl to be exact.

"Thank you, ma'am. It was a pleasure to be a potential model under your prestigious agency," the redheaded girl gushed and Batchi absentmindedly thought that the girl is a newbie in this industry.