Strangers and Dreams

4

"Get me down from here damnit!" I shouted at him.

The ropes gave one forceful tug and I collapsed on the ground head first. I tried sitting up but fell over again, a thick liquid pouring from my head and into my left eye. Just before I passed out I caught a glimpse of red eyes and glistening, pointed teeth.

***DREAM***

"Kyoto..."

"Mother? Is that you?" I called out to the midnight woods surrounding me. Running, I frantically searched for my mother. I just knew it was her. I can sense it.

"Mother! Please! Where are you?!"

"Listen to me. You are in danger. Don't trust anyone around you and hold onto everything that happens. Don't forget a single detail."

"Mom, I don't understand! What do you mean?"

"Don't forget..." Her voice faded out and I was left to the emptiness of the forest.

"I won't I swear. For you, Mother..."

***END DREAM***

My head spun as I sat up from the plush bed I laid on. A bandage was wrapped around my forehead and my clothes were in poor condition. The only thing that really bugged me was, where in the hell am I?

The door to the room opened with a bang and in walked two very strange men.

One had long salmon hair and... cat ears?! He wore a long crimson coat with a white formal shirt and purple vest, long black slacks and heeled black boots. The most shocking things about him were his sharp teeth and eyes the color of his coat. Then there was the man next to him. He had bright green eyes, (And I mean they were almost glowing!) a black top hat with a long pink ribbon tied to the middle, and an old looking brown suit.

The man with the top hat walked up to me, stretching his hand for me to take. "You had quite the fall yesterday, Milady. Are you feeling well?"

My face turned bright red as I took his hand and nodded. "What happened? I can't seem to remember anything."

"Well I saved you of course! I found you caught in a trap made by that blasted fiend, Sebastian." The man with red eyes said, smirking. But something was off. I can barely even remember my own name. Where do I live? What am I doing here? Who is Sebastian?

Then it clicked.

"Sebastian... I remember! That wasn't his trap, it was yours! I remember seeing you before I passed out! And I talked to you! You're the fiend!" Using all the strength I had, I ran and leaped from the window. It was only the second floor up so I rolled as I hit the ground to avoid any damage.

After running a safe distance on the dirt road, I went through my memories and made sure to strengthen them with all I had in me. I had to obey my mother, she guided me when I was lost.

***FLASHBACK***
My head banged on the table and I hissed in pain. I'd been searching for information on the Dräken for days with no luck. Day and night, night and day; nothing. My eyes slowly shut and I found myself falling asleep for the first time in three days.

The dream showed a bookshelf, my mother's voice told me to find it and one book on the shelf stood out in particular. It had a shimmer and I knew that was the one.

Once I woke up, I searched the library I had fallen asleep in with no luck. I went to every library I could find until finally, a stroke of luck. The shelf was in an almost ancient library that was long abandoned. Sitting in the exact spot I'd dreamed of, was the book I needed.

Finally, I knew exactly how to defeat my enemy. Thanks to my mother.

***REAL TIME***

I tripped over a loose stone on the path and fell flat on my face, waking me up from my memory.

"Damn, that hurt." I whined standing up and brushing off my clothes.

Ahead of me was a broken down carnival that looked like it had seen much better days. Since the sun was setting, it'd have to do as a place to sleep. I went into one of the stalls, throwing a bunch of stuffed toys onto the floor and curled up to sleep. How do I get home, mom?