Chapter 4

So Yes I have changed the name of this story only because people assume that this is a list of actually ways to make your parents go crazy when in fact this is a real story. So I'm hoping that this will help get me more reads.

Oh and thank you ShiznitzGirl for part of the title name

and thank you xXParamoreFanXx for also trying to help. I appreciate it :)

so anyways go enjoy the story

Chapter 4

I really did not want to be set up on a date the first day that I get back but my mom wanted me to meet one of her book club gals, as she called them, daughter, because as she put it she needed to get out more and date. When my mother said this the first thing that came to mind was she had to be not that attractive, if her mother was setting dates up for her. Then I thought maybe she's just a shy book nerd or something, which would be okay because I want a girl I could have an actually conversation with, not just a pretty girl.

Even then that I thought that I still wanted to just go home and settle in and then go visit my parents. This was my first day back and I already had a ton of things to do and adding a date that I didn’t even want in the first place did not make that list of things any shorter. I only agreed to the date, because my mother pestered me into getting to know people in the town, and if I happened to get a girlfriend out of it then that would be great. I said yes to her not for those reasons but just to make her happy and more importantly to stop nagging me about it.

I was very grateful when the girl’s mother decided to call and say her daughter canceled. I called my mother straight after she ended the call, sounding very frustrated I might add. I didn’t care at that point though. Just wanting to finally see my parents after about 7 years, I quickly made dinner plans with them. They were sad about the canceled date but they offered to come, saying things like they were excited to see me after so many years.

I was excited about that but I had to get serious because I had something to take care of at this point. Currently I was sitting in my car, which was parked in Northside Park, waiting for Teresa to show up. She said she would be here around 1 but it was 1:30 now and I was getting very impatient. I really wish she wouldn’t make me wait like this; it’s making me go slightly crazy. I parked my car so that I was facing the entrance of the Park and every time I see a silver car my heart starts racing. Then I watch as the person start to step out and my heart literally stops until they fully come out and at that moment my heart just drops because it wasn’t her.   

I glanced out the side of my eyes to see another silver car drive up and park. I try not to get my hopes up but there’s no use. I watch hesitantly as the person opens up there door. Everything seems to be moving slow, as one leg pops out and softly lands on the ground. I leaned closer waiting for the moment when this woman gets out. I could tell it was a woman by the leg structure and obviously the heels. I waited wishing she would get out faster so I could know if it was truly her. When she finally did get out my heart dropped, because it couldn’t be her. I leaned back angry that this wasn’t Teresa but this woman had long flowing hair that went past her shoulders. I didn’t catch a glimpse of her face because her hair flowed over her face as she bent in the back seat for something. It doesn’t matter this woman couldn’t be her since the Teresa I knew would never have her hair that long and loose. The Teresa I knew always had her hair up in a ponytail, never in her face, and the Teresa I knew never wore heels now that I thought about it.

I got frustrated the more I thought about it, resulting in hitting the horn of my car with my head. When the horn went off I was so shocked that I shot up consequentially knocking my head on the headrest. Now I feel the back of my head throbbing. I brought my hand up to rub the back of my head. Looking up as I did so I could see the woman looking up at me. I saw her smile towards me and then wave. I was confused as to why this woman would be waving at a complete stranger. Maybe she wanted to hit on me or something. She started beckoning towards, so I figured she wanted to ask a question. I got out of my car thinking that I have been waiting a long time so I needed to stretch a bit and I figured it wouldn’t hurt to talk to this woman in the process.