Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Ah poop, stupid freaking table. What am I going to do? They will know that I was trying to eavesdrop if I stand here like a deer caught in the headlights. I quickly but silently walked backwards as I heard footsteps coming to investigate what the noise was, at least that’s what I thought. Ah poop why wont the door come up fast enough I don’t want to turn around and have them see me walking fast towards the door, because that would definitely look suspicious. At least if I’m turned facing them I could pretend I just walked in. Oh perfect idea!! I’m smart as candy. I stopped heading towards the door and just started walking forward like a normal human being.

“Nolan?” I called out but it was in a whisper and it was kind of raspy like I was having trouble breathing, which I just realized that I was.

Okay calm down. I could still feel and hear my heartbeat racing. I fanned my hands at my face thinking maybe that would help. Oh calm the poop down already. Hmm I feel a bit better, but now I’m real curious as to what the heck was going on in there. I guess I will find out soon enough, I hope. Well let’s go see what the heck they were doing in there.

I started walking at normal pace and called out with a calm voice this time, “Nolan?”

When I called out, I could clearly here quick shuffling coming from the living room. I heard someone say hide it and then someone shushing that person I’m guessing. Ugh I hate that his house is so big and it takes forever to get to just one room. I mean it definitely should not be legal to take this long to get to a room. Getting closer I could hear them still shuffling around and whispers of put it there, come on just hide it already, she can’t see all this stuff, and more shushing. 

I walked in the room right when they were all getting settled back in there originally spots, I’m guessing. Of course, they get all settled right when I walk in, that’s so not cool. I mean come on couldn’t I have just walked in before they were situated but NO they were already situated. That’s some major hairy balls right there. I walked over to the couch where I saw Nolan sitting.

“Nolan!” I said excitedly and also getting those shivers again.

“Hey Summer,” Opening his arms for me to embrace him, he said with excitement that sounded really forced. “I thought you had plans today that you couldn’t get out of.”

“Well I did but that stupid session for being “mental unstable” was a bore and a waste of my time but it made me want to cancel that thing my mom is forcing me to do. After doing that I decided to drop by and see you. Is this a bad time?” I had sat down in his lap as I finished talking.

He lifted me up and then situated me, so I was straddling him. This is one of the things I don’t like about him. He’s always doing inappropriate things in front of other people. That’s how I got in this situation in the first place.

“Well, it was a bad time, but now that I see you it doesn’t matter anymore.” With that he grabbed my face in between his strong hands and pulled me into a kiss.

I pulled away quickly resting my hands on his chest ready to push him away, “Nolan there are people around.”

“It’s just a kiss babe,” He chuckled but the way he did it I knew he wasn’t happy about me trying to deny what he wanted.

When he pulled me in for another kiss I didn’t resist. He quickly had his tongue in my mouth. I got lost in the kiss to realize that my whole body was shivering terribly. I felt Nolan’s hands start to travel along my arms. He grabbed both my arms and put them around his neck and then went back to travelling down my body. Feeling his hands stop at my waist, I started to relax, glad that he didn’t try to go any farther. Now that I felt a bit more relaxed I got deeper into the kiss. As I did I got a moan from Nolan and I smiled with satisfaction. I felt him pull me closer to him and as he did I tightened my hold to bring him closer as well. I really don’t think we could get any closer, but of course he tried.