Here For You | Luke

Pairing: Luke Hemmings x reader

*slight trigger warning*

Requested by KatieFinnie <3

You're just coming out of the bathroom when...

"Katie?" You hear your boyfriend, Luke.
"What?" you ask, tugging at your sleeves nervously. You didn't think he'd be back so soon. The hate on Twitter got to you, and you had locked yourself in the bathroom. You were probably in there for a couple of hours, and you wonder how long Luke was in the house.
"There you are," he says with a grin, coming into your room. "I couldn't find you anywhere! I was getting worried."
"Well, I'm here," you say with a weak smile.
"Is something wrong?" He comes over to you, and you look up at him.
"Nothing's wrong." You brush your hair behind your ear. His eyes flicker to your wrist, and you pull your hand down quickly.
"What was that?" he asks softly.
"What?"
"Your sleeve. It fell down and..." Tears are beginning to brim in his beautiful blue eyes, and your chest clenches. "Please tell me you're not hurting yourself."
"Luke—"
"Katie. Don't you dare lie to me. Show me your wrists," he says, his voice breaking.
"Luke, please," you whisper, looking away.
"Katie." He touches your face, making you look at him. You sigh, blinking as tears threaten to spill from your eyes. You look down and slowly roll up your sleeves for him to see. He gasps softly as he sees all the cuts and scars scattered across your arms and wrists. "Baby girl," he whispers.
"I'm sorry. It's just everyone hates me and thinks I'm worthless and—"
"Don't you dare say they're right because they are wrong," he hisses. His chest heaves, and a tear falls to the floor. He pulls you into his arms, his breathing ragged as you sob into his chest. "I'm sorry I didn't realize sooner," he breathes. "God, I'm such a horrible boyfriend."
"No you're not," you say, your breath catching in your throat. "You're the reason I'm alive." He kisses the top of your head, and you feel his tears in your hair.
"I love you so much, baby girl. I'm here for you."
"I love you so much, too, Luke."