一 2014

⊱ ────── {⋅

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

30 DECEMBER 2014

Dahee scrolls through her twitter feed, which was filled with birthday wishes from fans for Taehyung.

It has been a year, a year has passed since she lost all contact with Taehyung. She spent the first few days of 2014 crying and moping over it but as time passed, she soon accepted the fact that Taehyung chose his career over her.

It made sense for him to do so anyway. Dahee convinced herself that she wasn't worth it, she shouldn't be the person holding Taehyung back.

So, quietly, Dahee also gave up on him. She wanted him to be successful, and in order for that to happen, she had to let him go.

Instead, she follows many fanaccounts to keep track with Taehyung's life. Yes, she may have gave up on him but that doesn't mean that she has completely decided to let him go.

Her hands unknowingly travelled down to her neck where the necklace was hanging. She strokes it slowly with her thumb, a small smile tugging on her lips.

Just when Dahee was about to throw her phone on to the bedside table, her phone vibrates, signaling a new notification.

The screen lights up with a new notification from the official BTS twitter. She immediately presses on to the notification which quickly redirects her to Youtube.

As the video loaded, she was greeted by a scenery of a black and white alley. The soft tune of Adele's 'Someone Like You' filled her ears and she found herself lightly swaying her head to the music, closing her eyes.

The song used to be one of her favourites.

"I heard, that you've settled down,"

As soon as she heard the voice, she snaps her eyes open and diverts her gaze to the screen. She finds herself slightly frowning when she now sees Taehyung on the screen.

"That you found a boy, and you're married now."

Dahee continues to stare at the screen blankly, but her insides were tingling as she took in Taehyung's deep and soulful voice.

"I heard that your dreams came true, guess he gave you the things I didn't give to you."

The camera continues to film his back and Dahee feels all of the emotions rushing to her like a wave.

"Old friend, why are you so shy?"

At this point, she wasn't sure if the tears leaving her eyes were due to anger or sadness. Or maybe it was just her simply missing Taehyung's presence.

"Ain't like you to hold back, or hide from the light,"

Dahee hates how she could somehow relate to the lyrics. It was kind of similar to the situation she had with Taehyung.

Although Taehyung didn't exactly leave her for someone else, he left her and achieved his dreams.

"I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited, but I couldn't stay away I couldn't fight it. I hope you see my face and that you'd be reminded that for me, it isn't over."

Whenever Dahee sees Taehyung's face on television, she can't help but notice how Taehyung seemed to be happy every single second.

It seemed as though the Taehyung she knew just disappeared into thin air. How could he not even contact her once? And how did it he make it seem so painless?

Or maybe, it was because, Kim Taehyung simply didn't care.

When the chorus eventually comes, it is when it really hits Dahee.

"Nevermind I'll find someone like you, I wish nothing but the best for you too. Don't forget me, I beg, I remember you said, sometimes it last in love but sometimes it hurts instead."

Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead. And it really hurt Dahee.