"So," Asuma started, "How's the whole, 'Ghost of Konoha' thing going?" He asked. I shrugged, "It's not too bad, I mean, I don't really do much, but that's fine by me." Asuma rolled his eyes, "lazy ass." He said. I folded my arms behind my head, "Tch, just because I am often reluctant to work does not mean I'm lazy." I said. "No," Said Asuma, "But the fact you almost never do any work, does." 

"Shut up."

He chuckled.

"How's the village working for you?" He asked. "Eh, It's Ok." I said, not really sure what to say. Asuma rose an eyebrow, "Just Ok? What don't you like about it?" He asked. "Oh I don't dislike it, the village itself is amazing." I said, "There's just.....a looooot of people......" 

"Your rather antisocial, arn't you." He dead-panned. 

"Not necessarily....." I said, Though there wasn't much conviction in my tone. 

"Yeah. You are." Asuma said.

"I'm not antisocial! I just don't like people." I said. 

Asuma gave me a 'really' look. "That's the same thing." He said..

"Not in my book."

"Then your book is a fairy tail."

I shrugged. "Helps me from going insane with reality." I said.

Asuma stared at me for a second, "I suppose I can see the logic in that." 

After a few minuets of sitting there in silence, I felt the tiny spike of a villager's chakra. I glanced in the direction I felt it come from, and stood up. "Well, it was nice talking to you Asuma, but I got to go. Got another problem to take care of." 

Asuma rose an eyebrow, "How do you know that?" He asked. 'Oh, right, he doesn't know about my abilities,' I thought. "I'll tell you some other time, right now I've got business to take care of." I said, leaping down from the tree, and ninja jumping to the nearest roof. "See ya, Asuma!" I shouted over my shoulder. 

"See ya, midget!" He shouted back. 

My eye twitched at the nickname, and I threw a kunai carelessly over my shoulder, the satisfying 'thunk' resounding in my ears. I smirked. 

Asuma's POV

I was sitting in a tree with Canaan, nether of us talking. I had originally come here to get an opinion of her, after all, she was a S-rank criminal, so I wasn't sure if I should trust her or not. And after talking to her, I decided I rather liked the kid. Not only that, but she really was, just a kid, albeit a talented, (and sometimes scary) kid, but a kid nonetheless.

Which makes me even more curios as to what someone of her age was doing travailing alone, and how the hell she got such a huge bounty. 

Suddenly Canaan stood up, "Well, it was nice talking to you Asuma, but I got to go. Got another problem to take care of." I rose an eyebrow,  "How do you know that?" I asked. She stared at me for a second, "I'll tell you some other time, right now I've got business to take care of." She said, and leaped down from the tree, before jumping to the nearest roof top.

"See ya, Asuma!" She shouted. I smirked slightly, 

"See ya, midget!

I turned back, just in time for something to flash past my face, piercing the trunk of the tree with a dull 'thunk'. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of my face as I gulped, looking at my cigarette, which was now pinned against the tree by a kunai. I sweat-dropped.