Chapter 1 - For the Next Millennium

Six months.

That's how long I've been cursed, trapped in wolf form and only becoming human again during the full moon. That's how long I've been alone, I haven't seen Jackson or the pack since Dahlia cursed them and I haven't seen Klaus since I fled the compound.

The only person I have had contact with is Elijah, he brings Hope to the Bayou so that I can see and hold her while I'm human. I'm grateful for that, but it's painful. I hate not being able to spend every day with her, I miss her so much, the pain is worse than when she was living with Rebekah.

During his visits, Elijah informs me of what's going on back in the city. He and Klaus are still at odds, I can't help but feel responsible for that and whenever he mentions Klaus, I'm overcome with mixed emotions. He also told me that Marcel has reign over the city again and Davina is now Regent of the French Quarter witches, I was happy for both of them. The only downside is that Davina is still pissed at the Originals for tricking her, so she refuses to help any vampires, that includes me.

I also talk to Cami, occasionally. She is now Klaus' therapist, officially and they talk a lot and she tells me that he wishes to make amends but in the past six months, he has done nothing, which just makes me more angry at him than I already am.

Over the past six months, I have thought of him. How much I miss him and how much I want him to be the one to release me from my curse. In the beginning, I was hopeful that he would come see me in the Bayou and tell me he was searching for a way, but as the days turned into weeks and then months, I began to lose hope and now all I felt when I thought about him was how hurt and angry I was that he had let me suffer. After everything I did for him . . .

~*~*~

- Third Person POV -

After killing the other hunters, Elijah finds one trying to escape and quickly blocks his path.

"You will provide me with the precise location of every last one of those vulgar traps, as well as the routes used by any of your men."

The hunter stuttered, nervously. "I-I don't know--"

Before Elijah could react, a naked woman with brown hair attacks the hunter. She claws his face until he is either knocked out or killed.

"Nina . . ."

The woman turns to face Elijah and his eyes widen when he sees Hayley instead.

"Hayley. Forgive me, I thought--"

"I know who you thought I was," she cut him off, rudely. "Hello, Elijah."

"Do you know where Nina is?" He asked, worried.

"Judging by what these hunters did, the traps they set and the blood I saw? If she's not with Hope, she's probably dead."

Elijah looks horrified and Hayley just walks away.

She was still pissed at Nina for betraying the pack, but she couldn't hide that she was worried about her too. If the hunters did get her, Jackson would be devastated, so she hoped they didn't.

~*~*~

- Nina's POV -

When the moon was full and I was human, I looked at my surroundings in confusion. I wasn't in the Bayou, where the hell am I? How did I get here?

I saw that I was surrounded by salt and candles, it reminded me of when Elijah and I found Rebekah when Papa Tunde was channeling her.

I realized that I was in a crypt, which means I'm in Lafayette Cemetery, back in New Orleans.

I gasp when I hear footsteps and look up to see Davina.

"What the hell am I doing here?" I ask her, angrily. "Why am I trapped?"

Davina passed me the blanket she was holding and I quickly wrapped it around myself.

"I used magic to draw you here and to keep you a captive audience."

"Davina, I need to see my daughter," I told her as I stood.

"I'm sorry," she replied. "But there's something I need you to do for me first."

I glared at Davina as I exhaled, angrily.

She has me trapped in the freaking cemetery because she wants something from me, why does that sound familiar? Oh, that's right! Sophie did the same thing when I first came to New Orleans.

God, I hate witches!