Chapter 5: L is for the way you look at me

Love: a strong feeling of affection

If there was one thing Riley could remember it was the fact that she couldn't remember anything else. Nada. Zilch. Zero. She knew her name and her age from various information leaflets her acclaimed parents gave her. The leaflets told her who she was, her age, address, favourite colour and so on. They did not tell her who Charlie was. She had to work out for herself that Charlie was her boyfriend. She couldn't remember Charlie and yet she had to explain in a loving and understanding matter that she had been in an accident and couldn't remember who he was and what they where talking about on the phone the night that she crashed. Easy right?

"I'm in a hospital in New York."
That's all that Riley could seem to muster.
"A hospital? Why the hell are you in a hospital?"
Charlie's voice was hurried. Exasperated and yet it was pleading to her ears and she felt herself relax to the sound of his breathing.
"I was in a car crash."
"Really? That's where you've been? Oh my god Riley I'm so sorry that I shouted I was just so worried. You haven't spoken to me in months and after the argument on the phone I thought......I didn't know what I thought." He sighed then said,"none of that matters. Are you ok? Are you injured?"

Was she injured? Was she hurt? Did she have a broken leg? Did her body get thrown out of the car? She couldn't remember. She couldn't Remember how she met Charlie or how they fell in love. She had no idea who he was or what he looked like. She couldn't remember anything.
"I don't quite remember." Riley offered.
"Well are you wearing a cast? Do you have a bandage or anything? Are you in pain?"
"Ummm. No."
"Oh ok. Well then when are you getting discharged?"
"I don't know."
Charlie became more and more agitated on the phone, unassigned by the answers Riley was giving.
"Surely you must know something. Anything riles."
"I don't. I'm sorry. I don't know who you are or how we met or what I'm like. I don't remember anything. I'm sorry. I was asleep for a while if that helps and then I woke up."
Charlie remained silent. He said nothing but Riley could hear him breathing on the other end of the line.
"You don't remember anything? Nothing at all."
"I'm sorry."

Memory
Riley burst through the door of Charlie's dorm room. The place was empty and gone. The furniture was out and the floors where barren. The pictures had been taken down and the Windows where shut. He was really gone this time. He went and didn't tell her. He had packed his bags and his furniture and gone. Riley sunk to her feet against the door and let her head droop against the wood. That was it then. No more Charlie. He left. He said he was going to. He threatened. She figured he was bluffing and now he was gone. Forever.

"are you there?"
"Yeah. I just don't know what to say."
"If it helps, it's not just you I don't remember. It's everything. Us, our life, how we got the dog ...."
"Wait. Riley I didn't say we had a dog."
"You didn't?"
"No. Has anyone else."
"No."
"Do you remember the dogs' name?"
"Uh no. She had brown eyes right? The dog had brown eyes right?"
"Yeah she did and she was a girl. Riles you're remembering things! Do you know what this means?"
"No."
"It means you might remember us and the love that we had!"
"And that's good?"
"Good. It's amazing. You could get your life back."
Riley smiled and then saw what her life was. It was empty rooms and crying people and arguing on the phone with your boyfriend.  It was a very sand blonde girl with beautiful eyes and a very lonely scientist with long hair. If that was her life,
She didn't want it back.

RILEY WHY DONT YOU WANT YOUR DAMN LIFE BACK YOU IDIOT?
DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT THE BLONDE HAIRED GIRL IS YOUR BEST FRIEND FOR GODS SAKES RILES I THOUGHT YOU WHERE BETTER THAN THIS.
SHEEZ.
We are so sorry guys that the updates are taking forever,it's just that we have really bad writers block at the moment and we have both been super busy.We hope to get back into the swing of things after New Years and hopefully we will give updates a lot quicker.
Anyway,
HOW IS IT TWO DAYS TILL THE END OF THE YEAR AND CHRISTMAS HAS JUST PASSED?
LIKE WHAT THE HELL GUYS I DON'T WANNA GROW UP ANYMORE,PUHLEASE.
Happy New Years if we don't update before then and I hope you all had a good Christmas/Holidays/whatever you celebrate.
Oh yeah and GIRL MEETS MONEY AND STEM STILLS ARE ACTUALLY LIFE AS WE KNOW IT.
Good day and all that jazz and to conclude,
Yes.
Hannah and Megan x