Chapter 4: Hot Chocolate

"Train station... must... get to... train station..." I shuddered walking in the rain surrounded by big identical houses. But to be honest, I have never caught a train before in my life since I always go to and from places by bus and I was really oblivious to different kinds of transports. And now I'm regretting for being oblivious. Why am I walking in the rain, you may ask? Well it kind of went like this...

~Flashback~

"What do you mean Bus Number 47 is out of order?!" I yelled in front of a forty year old man who stood behind the counter in boredom. He caressed his chin with his fingertips looking at me with no care whatsoever.

"Look, missy. I've told you a million times already," he said closing his eyes as he pinches the bridge of his nose. "The engines aren't working properly right now, okay? If it's out of order then it's out of order. I simply cannot do anything about it."

"Then can you at least tell your employees to try fix it?! How am I able to get home then?!" I angrily protested, fuming.

"Oh, I don't know... by train." He mocked sarcastically looking at me as if I was stupid or something.

"But..." I weakly muttered. "I've never caught a train before!"

"Then you better catch your train right now since the weather isn't looking too good."

I quickly gazed outside the big glass window of the bus station and to my horror, dark clouds started to envelop the clear blue afternoon sky while the wind whistles and howled as tree branches swayed violently, its leaves being plucked from its petiole one at a time carried by the howling wind. I gulped anxiously turning my head towards the old man behind the counter then looking back at the horrible view before me then back to him again.

"I give up." I finally said pulling out a fake smile while I clenched my fist into a ball. "Tell me where the freakin' train station is."

~ (End of Flashback) ~

Now here I am standing in front of big two story mansion at the door hesitating if I should knock or not. 'Come on, Yume. Just knock the freakin' door already!' I thought to myself repeating my plan in my head. Behind the door I could hear the booming sound of the television stereo playing. 'Someone is got to be in there! Okay... here goes nothing...'

I stretched out a pale cold fist hitting my knuckles rapidly onto the dry white painted door. My ears heard the unlocking of locks while I prepared myself. The door hinges gave out a creaking sound as the door slowly opened appearing behind a tall looking guy who only wore sweat pants and a black T shirt. 'This is so embarrassing. I completely forgot I'm drenched.' I thought avoiding looking at his face so I wouldn't feel awkward.

"Oh... uh... excuse me, s-sir..." I bowed, my teeth noisily chattered from the gust of wind that blew at the back of me. "Can you p-please tell me where t-the nearest t-train st-station is?"

My heart skipped a beat at the sound of a cool compose voice that belonged to my arch rival who I've been dying to defeat someday, Akashi Seijurou. I thought he would notice me right away but then his voice didn't sound surprise at all. "...but I doubt that you can get there by foot in this weather." he stated arrogantly.

My body automatically spun around while my legs marched forward to the gate. Before I could even touch a finger on the handle, my left wrist was pulled by a warm yet soft hand. I whipped my head around to face a drenched Akashi.

His red long bangs covered his heterochromia eyes adding a mysterious vibe on him. His face looked somewhat attractive as rain drops drip down his chin while my eyes travelled down to his wet T shirt that sculpted his body figure making me crazy for just a millisecond.