Legend of the Eleventh Slayer

Chapter One

A red sunset in Greece was truly a thing of beauty, something that should be one of the Wonders of the World. The warmth of the spring air, the smell of the plants as they gathered the last of the days light, and the light scent of olive oil from the nights meal made the whole scene almost magical. It was something Jason Mitchell had wanted to see for so long and his wish had been finally granted. Yet that almost magical evening sunset had been shattered quicker than he ever thought possible.

The brilliant sun had been hidden behind massive and dense black storm clouds and the smell of beautiful plants had been washed away by the scent of a heavy and strong rain. The memory of a light and tasty Greek dinner had all but soured in his mind now. Blue-ish white lightning streaked across the sky and thunder savagely beat down on the world, shaking buildings for miles.

No, wait... it wasn't the thunder shaking the ground like that. Earthquakes had come with this powerful storm. With each powerful tremor the foundation of the hotel shook and teetered, threatening to fall in on itself and crush everyone who had sought out shelter within its walls. It was a truly frightening situation, but Jason tried to not let it bother him. For he didn't plan to stay within the safety of the hotel.

He was already running up the stairs from the cement lined basement when another powerful tremor rocked the area and he was tossed into the wall, smashing his ribs painfully into the metal handrail. He gasped in agony as he gripped his side with his free hand and forced himself to keep moving. He couldn't allow himself to get bogged down here.

It was the cell-phone in his hand that kept him moving. His sister had called him, the sound of tears in her voice, calling out to him for help. Apparently she and her friend had gotten trapped outside of the hotel when the storm started and they couldn't move. With the tremors still rocking the city and the heavy rain threatening to floor the whole area, Jason had no choice but to leave the safety of shelter and go in search of his normally mean and bossy sister. She wasn't even supposed to be here.

Two months earlier.

"Please!" Jason begged his mother, clasping his hands together and getting down on his knees like a priest offering thanks to God.

It was pretty embarrassing for a sixteen year old boy to have to beg on his knees like this, but Jason was left with no other choice. He wanted to go on this trip so bad. The only thing that stood in his way was his mother; his extremely over-protective and over-bearing mother who treated him like a child no matter how old he was.

"I've told you once and I will tell you a hundred times, I am not letting you go to some far off country alone!" his mother answered coldly as she dried some lettuce for a salad she was making to go along with dinner.

Jason's mother, Alana, was a beautiful young woman that one wouldn't think she had two teenage children. In fact she looked so young that she could easily pass for their older sister rather than their mother. The main reason for this was because she had been only a teenager when she had them, and even though she raised them on her own she never seemed to get grey hair or wrinkles from stress or worry. Which was something she did a lot; worrying that was. Mostly about Jason.

"But I won't be alone! It's a school trip! There'll be teachers and other students there! Please, mom!" he begged once more, trying his best to look as pathetic as he could. His pride could take a hit if it meant he succeeded.