Level 1 - Game Start

Start from the beginning

Alright. I can do that!

You walked towards one of pellets and stretched out your hands, catching it with ease. Suddenly, a burning sensation seared through your palms  and you felt your heartbeat accelerate to a rate that was highly unnatural. You dropped the pellet, and staggered backwards, clutching your hands in pain.

A maniac cackle sounded ahead of you and you looked at the source only to scream at the absolute horrific expression that Flowey was now wearing.

"Don't you know in this world, it's kill or be killed?"

You screamed.

It was the only thing you could think of doing. No, you weren't thinking at all. It was the only thing your body could manage to do at that moment. You were too frozen in fear to move.

Forget stepping on the flower, hell, you didn't even want to go near the thing!

But you didn't have to because at that moment, a ball of fire sent Flowey flying! Rubbing your hands, you quickly glanced around the room, looking for your savior (or your next predator).

Your eyes landed on a monster that closely resembled what would happen if a person were to combine a human and a goat.

A goat lady.
Perfect.
She's gonna kill me.

You slowly backed away, preparing for the next attack of unfriendly "friendliness pellets". However, you were greeted with a reassuring smile instead.

"Fear not, my child. I am not going to hurt you. My name is Toriel and you are?"

You hesitated. You were seriously shaking at this point and after that encounter with Flowey, you weren't sure if you can even trust this "Toriel" person. Nevertheless, you answered her.

"Y/N..."

Her eyes lit up and she smiled once more.

"Y/N? What a wonderful name! Allow me to guide you through the Ruins, for it is very dangerous up ahead", she attempted to hold your hand as a way of granting you comfort, but you flinched away at the notion. Her smile faltered for a second but she quickly regained her composure, leading the way through open doors.

Your mouth went slightly agape at the new surroundings. Something about this room was much more comforting than the last. The lighting was bright which perfectly amplified the beautiful shade of lavender on the walls and you smiled at the feeling of safety in your bones. This must be the Ruins Toriel had mentioned.

"Here underground, we proceed through rooms by the use of various puzzles", she stepped on the buttons present on the ground in a unique order and the door ahead opened.

Woah

"So... They're like keys?" you questioned her.

Her smile widened at the fact that you had spoken and she nodded her head.

"Yes! They work exactly like keys. Excellent observation, Y/N".

You smiled slightly as you followed her though the door and around the Ruins you went. Toriel showed you the many puzzles that were executed in the various rooms, and she even taught you how to interact with other monsters. The more you spent time in her presence, the less you felt intimidated by her. You two even cracked a few puns along the way and you were fairly amused at how her ears shook whenever she laughed.