Offers

After spending a few hours at Jean's place, we decided to go out again to get some lunch. Although Jean was against it at first, we ended up going to Starbucks. We both got a panini and hot chocolate, except Jean got white and I got milk.

We sat together in the corner at the back where it was a little more empty. I always preferred sitting away from other people when in cafes and such; it just feels a lot more personal and a lot less awkward.

I shuffled up a little closer to Jean on the small sofa, taking small sips of my drink. I raised my brow slightly when he let out a soft chuckle, and I turned my head up to look at him.

"Nice moustache," he said, pointing to the layer of whipped cream on my top lip. Heat rushed up to my cheeks, but before I could wipe it away he had pressed his lips to mine, the action only making my cheeks heat up more.

The corners of his lips tugged up into a small grin when he pulled back, his fingers lightly tucking some of my hair behind my ear. "There," he whispered quietly, pecking my cheek. "All gone."

Smiling sheepishly I glanced away from him, but before I could enjoy the seemingly perfect moment for too long, I spotted two people staring at us from the front of the shop. My eyes grew wider slightly, and Jean slipped his hand into my own, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"They're just jealous, Eren. Don't let the staring bother you."

Giving a small shake of my head, my next words came out as a quiet whisper as I continued to stare back at them. "That's not it. The, um, the one on the left is the one who beat me up before..."

My heart pounded in my chest as the two started walking over in my direction, countless thoughts running through my mind. What if they were angry with me? I never did show up after the whole 'you have 24 hours' deal. 

I tightly squeezed Jean's hand as the blonde - Erwin I think his name was - reached our table. The other trailed behind him slightly, looking almost reluctant in following him.

"Eren," the blonde greeted, nodding down at me. 

"What do you want?" I whispered, mentally slapping myself for how weak I sounded.

"To apologize," he answered, and my expression must have shown just how confused I was because he was then chuckling lightly. "Mike here got a little confused on that night. It was never our intention to hurt you."

"I, um, I don't..." I trailed off, completely stuck for words.

"We don't blame you if you don't forgive us," he said, before leaning over the table, resting his forearms on the top. "However, we would like to... propose something to you," he continued, and I could see Jean sending me a concerned look out of the corner of my eye.

"Alright..." I said quietly, and the corners of Erwin's lips curled up into a faint smirk.

"I know we're not the ones who hurt you the most, Eren, and I still haven't managed to get back what Levi took from me. If you want to, I do have a plan for us to both get what we want."

My brows raised slightly, confusion returning to my expression. "What do you think I would want?"

"Revenge." I bit down on my lower lip, but before I could say anything in response he was standing up straight and speaking again. "You don't have to make a decision right now," he assured, pulling out a piece of paper and pen and writing something down on it. "Call me when you decide," he said, handing over the piece of paper with his number written down on it.

"Thanks," I mumbled, holding the paper in both hands and staring down at it. I couldn't explain why, but there was something about Erwin that made me trust him easily. Maybe...