53. Smile

After they had made the joint decision to try and start something between them, they continued to get closer and closer to each other.

Natasha felt like they had never been apart and James couldn't help but feel like he was meant to have Natasha in his arms.

They just felt right for each other.

The other members of the Avengers had noticed too.

Although Natasha and Bucky hadn't officially announced they were together, it was clear they were meant to be.

It made sense for them to make such a quick connection.

Natasha had always loved James, she finally had him back and although James didn't remember, it's impossible for feelings that strong just to disappear.
.
.
.
.
It was an ordinary morning, a few weeks after Bucky and Natasha had decided to try being together.

When Natasha woke up, she was surprised to find the bed empty in the space where James slept.  

She climbed out of the bed and quickly got changed into a pair of jeans before throwing on one of James's hoodies over a black tank top.

Natasha made her way downstairs and eventually found James in the kitchen of the tower.

She walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

James smiled and turned to face Natasha.

"Morning", he said greeting her after kissing the top of her head. 

Natasha groaned into his chest.

It was still early in the morning.

"What are you doing?" She asked quietly.

James sighed, still smiling, as he wrapped his own arms around Natasha's small form.

"Well, you've rather ruined the surprise, but I was going to bring you breakfast", James told her.

Natasha looked up at him and smiled.

His kind and caring personality was another one of the many reasons she loved him.

However, she wasn't ready to say 'I love you' yet.

She didn't want to scare him off.

After looking at him softly for a while before she quietly spoke.

"I like you", she said gently.

James held her close before replying.

"I think I like you too,"

Natasha reached up to kiss him then, just as Tony Stark walked into the room.

He laughed at the couple kissing in the kitchen before interrupting their moment.

"Guys, ease up on the PDA", he joked.

Natasha and James slowly parted and lent their foreheads together for a few moments as one of them muttered a quiet "shut up Tony."

The billionaire laughed for a few seconds before pausing.

"Is that burning I smell?" He asked.

James swore loudly before turning back to the breakfast he was trying to make.

Natasha smiled as she watched James try to save the already burnt bacon.

She loved him, that much was clear.