35. More than one pain

Natasha was infuriated with herself.

It had been a simple mission. 

Get in, retrieve the information, get out, taking out any 'bad guys' on the way.

However, she had been too worried about Bucky during the mission, she wasn't concentrating.

She had ended up with a deep cut just under her rib cage where a knife had cut her.

She was so angry with herself.

She shouldn't make stupid mistakes like this.

However, Bucky had been very successful on the mission and much to Natasha's relief, he hadn't noticed her cut.

She managed to keep the wound a closely kept secret until they were both back in the avengers tower.

Natasha had planned to go up to her private room and deal with the injury herself, that was until Bucky stopped her.

"You're hurt", he said from behind her.

Natasha sighed.

James alway knew when she used to get hurt.

"I'm fine", she lied.

"No, your not", James told her.

She looked at him.

"You're standing too straight, trying not to move or bend you upper body, so stomach or chest wound? You're also pressing your left arm against your left side and have been since we completed the mission, your bleeding. Let me see", he said softly.

Natasha just looked at him.

For a few seconds Bucky had vanished and James was standing in front of her.

"Nat", he encouraged.

She almost crumbled when he used the nickname he used to give her.

She forced herself to hold it together.

Natasha slowly lifted her left arm and James walked towards her.

He gently placed his hand over the wound which made Natasha wince.

When he pulled away, he fingers were covered in her blood.

"It needs stitches, I'm taking you to medical", he told her.

"I'm okay", she told him.

James shook his her and wrapped his arm around her waist to support her.

Natasha's heart fluttered at the his touch and eventually she couldn't help but lean into him and it was not because of her wound.

He slowly led her to the medical section of the tower.