Chapter Twelve

“I got a date to the wedding!” Alan announced excitedly as soon as he sat down for lunch, cheeseburger in hand.

“Who?” Jane asked, more than happy that Alan had finally found somebody.

Alan arched a well-maintained eyebrow and licked his lips for emphasis before answering, “His name is Skylar McClains. Tobias was actually the one to introduce us.” At her confused look, he explained, “You see, Skylar also works construction but on a different crew. They used to work on the same one together when they had to do road construction. Anyways, Tobias just gave me Skylar's number about a week ago, and we hit it off.” Alan directed his gaze over to Karen. “Is there still room on that big plane of yours?”

“There's two planes, Alan. We definitely have enough room. The best part is you don't even have to pay! My mother-in-law is actually kind of nice.”

“So...Tobias is coming?” Karen asked her for what felt like the hundredth time that week.

She turned to her friend who had an impish glint to her eyes, just like the rest of her co-workers at the table who were listening intently. “Karen, what have I told you before?”

“He's coming to the wedding. Separate rooms?”

Jane remembered two nights ago when they had slept together, just sleeping as he held her in his caring arms. She honestly hadn't thought it through when she had woken up to Tobias shaking her awake. His eyes had been wide with panic and concern, and she had just about kicked herself for not remembering to take her medication.

Even though the meds didn't keep the nightmares away, they kept her from squirming and flailing around in bed like a crazed woman. The pills made sure that while she was screaming and crying in her head, she wasn't doing anything physically. If only she had just been awake enough to actually remember that, but Tobias's bed and his company had just been so tempting.

“No." She shook her head, smiling to herself as she thought about all the fun activities in bed that were to be had. "Same room. Will that be okay with our lovely bride?”

“Of course.” Karen smiled devilishly.

They continued discussing all of the details of the upcoming wedding. From the one article of pink clothing that was to be worn to how the food will be served, they covered it all. Every, single one of their co-workers was invited, even Sara. Jane didn't have a problem with it, just as long as she didn't have to come in contact with her and Keith trying to find out how far they can jam their tongues down each other's throats. She had seen it one too many times.

After work was finished, Jane walked over to where Karen was typing in the very last of the information to be processed for the week. They weren't going to see each other for two, whole weeks: Alex and Karen were going on a fifteen day honeymoon in Fiji, one of the most reputable honeymoon destinations of all time.

On the way out to the super heated parking lot, they laid out the plans for that night and the morning. The plane would be landing at around four in the morning in Miami, Florida, where they would then take another couple of limos to The Anglers' Boutique Resort, the place where the reception would be and where guests were being paid for to stay.

After Jane got back home, she changed into her favorite pair of jeans and a loose, yellow t-shirt that advertised the fundraiser race she had ran in this past summer. Making sure that she had her bottle of medication, she put the orange bottle into a compartment of her string-drawn bag, – she hated purses with a passion – and packed a few other necessities for such a long flight; such as, earphones for her phone that contained music, a couple of her favorite thriller books, and a pack of spearmint gum.