36-Ordinary People

ARTIST: John Legend       SONG: Ordinary People

..."...I know i misbehaved...And you made your mistakes...And we both still got room left to grow..."...

"I try...I have days where I actually feel good about myself but then I have days...that I can't seem to shut my brain off...I can't make the things that happened to me go away...I can't make the things I have done go away...it's those days that are the hardest for me because I take one look at you and I still ask myself that big question. When will you wake up and realize you are just too good for me?"

"I'm sorry you have bad days but you know you can always talk to me about that stuff. Maybe if you talk about it more you can find a way to, not really make it go away, but sort of file it away or something. You keep asking me when I am going to wake up and realize I'm too good for you; do you realize, that maybe I wonder the same thing about you?"

"Why would you say that? I'm not too good for you Landon; you have such a good heart and the way you are so understanding amazes me. I thought for sure when I knocked on your door you were going to tell me to pack my shit and get the hell out of here; not because you would actually say that to me but because it's what I deserve."

"You don't deserve that Faith."

"Maybe I don't but maybe you don't deserve to have such a fucked up girlfriend either."

"The way you are; the strength you have...I am in awe of you every day...and maybe your right. Maybe I don't deserve to have someone as special as you in my life."

"Stop making me sound so perfect, because I'm not."

"To me you are."

"I think you are just too forgiving for your own good."

"Am I now? What about you?"

"What about me?"

"I broke a promise to you last night; do you forgive me for that?"

"I was wrong about what I saw, that doesn't count."

"I'm not talking about that; I'm talking about the fight. I promised you I wouldn't fight and I broke that promise to you. Do you forgive me for that?"

"That fight would have never happened, if it wasn't for me."

"But do you forgive me?"

"Yes."

"See...you said I was too forgiving for my own good; you are too you know. I realize how much I scared you last night and I know I promised you I wouldn't fight like that but I can't keep that promise to you anymore."

"I don't understand."

"Faith...I want to protect you. I don't want you to be hurt. I want to beat the shit out of everyone that has ever done wrong to you. I can't stand by and let someone say or do something to my girl; I can't promise you not to fight like that again. To be perfectly honest with you, even if that whole situation with you taking your clothes off never happened; Jon Tull still showed up at that party. I would have beat the shit out of him anyhow."

"I can understand why you feel that way but do you understand, you are only doing what you are trying to protect me from?"

"What do you mean?"

"You said you didn't want me to be hurt right?" She asks as tears begin to stream down her face.

"Yes."