Chapter Four

Kamilah in MM.

···

KAMILAH

"WATCHU DOIN WITH MY HAIRBRUSH YAHARA? ION WANT YO LICE INFECTING MY BRAIN CELLS!" Ashanti, one of my fellow teammates, yelled. The rest of us started laughing our asses off and Yahara rolled her eyes, giving the brush back to her. "Thank ya sweet cheeks."

Yahara was one of the girls on the team that everyone was annoyed by. Her and her best friend, Gianna. Both of them act like hoes and only go for black guys. I understand having a type, but these girls only like black guys because of the dick. I don't got beef with her or anyone (yet), but I can tell that she's gonna be...irritating throughout the season.  

"Girl, you is extra as fuck," Seyron said. He was the only guy on the team, yet one of the best dancers. And yes, he is gay. Everybody asks us girls that question when they find out he dances (since he don't look gay). It's hella disrespectful; people think that when a guy dances he's automatically gay. But Seyron is, and doesn't give a shit about what people say.

"You are, too, nigga," Yahara said. Me, Ashanti, and Seyron looked at each other with "the black look."

"I know damn well that word did not just come out yo Latina ass mouth. How many times I gotta tell y'all people, if you not black, don't say nigga!" Shit, now Yahara got Seyron started. "I can say nigga all I want. Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga! But you, and you, and you..." He continued to point at the non-black people on the team. Me and Ashanti laughed, as well as the other black girls.

"Seyron! Is everything okay?" Ms. Vi asked, walking into the dressing room.

"Oh yeah, Ms. Vi. We just having a friendly discussion about English," Seyron responded. He then side-eyed Yahara. "About what words not to use."

"That boy." Ms. Vi laughed under her breath. "Alright ladies, good practice today. Tomorrow we will run through our routine for the opening ceremony, so bring lots of energy. And Gianna, please get those fake nails off. I don't mind acrylics but yours are so damn pointy!" Ms. Vi said. We all started laughing again and then got our stuff together. Ms. Vi was the head coach. She was great, and reminded me a lot of Ms. Diana from Bring It.

"Aye, Milah. Where ya headed to?" Ashanti asked, Seyron right beside her. Ashanti and Seyron and I were getting to be really close and they was hella funny.

"Tutoring Odell, why?" I asked. Ashanti smiled and started laughing with Seyron.

"Girl, if you think you gon' jus' tutor Odell, you wrong! With that outfit on, he gon' be getting some pussy tonight!" Seyron yelled loud enough for Africa to hear. I rolled my eyes, saying bye to everyone. Before I went into the library, I examined my outfit. My black booty shorts did show a lot of skin, but I had on an oversized LSU crew neck to cover up some of my body. I had slides on my feet and cheerleading socks. I know Odell's a guy, but he isn't like Jarvis. He ain't too thirsty. I then went into the library, and found Odell looking at a book with a puzzled look on. I smiled and walked over to him. I set my bag down on the chair and smiled at Odell after he said hey. I caught him quickly looking at my outfit, but turned his gaze back to the book. See, Seyron? It'll be fine.

"What's first?" I asked. He showed me the cover of the grammar book he was reading, and sighed. I laughed a little, and waited for him to tell me what was wrong.

"My teacher says I got bad grammar, but I just got a lil' accent. I'm fine wit it." I looked at him, the he looked down and laughed. "I just need a little help."