Chapter 21) Missing memories

Depuis le début

"Are you okay? " He asked, trying hard to remember anything from the past to help the girl but the throbbing headache made the task even more difficult.

"yeah, I guess I'm just not used to seeing you like this. You're usually jumping up and down, bouncing off walls like a kid on Christmas morning." She looked up from the floor to see the Doctor staring at her, face scrunched up in concentration, frustration and confusion all at once. "you were a mad dad with a blue box." she laughed slightly.

He smiled back. " so what's you name? " thinking it was best not to ask about the blue box since he had more important questions to ask.

"Amelia" 

"I like that name...I think " 

"I should think so too since you picked it " she beamed, glad they were finally getting somewhere.

"what's my name? " He quizzed. 

"well, you call yourself the Doctor..."

" Thats not a name?" He interrupted, Taking Amelia by surprise She could see why he was confused like almost eveyone who found out this man was actually called the Doctor.

"That can't be my name. If you were my daughter you would know." He repeated suddenly unsure weather to trust this girl of not. 

"That's the thing. Nobody knows your real name apart from you and my mother."

"why does she know my name and noone else?"

"She made you tell her " she grinned.

Amelia pulled herself up from the floor with another sigh. "where is he? he should be back by now "

She walked over to the door and opened it slightly, seeing if Kamron was coming up the stairs but sadly there No sign of him. Where could he be?

"ummm, Amelia, I think you should run...now! " the Doctors panicked voice interrupted her thoughts.

"And why would i want to do that?" she asked as she turned, giving up on Kamron coming up the stairs for now. "oh " was all she managed to mutter. "that's why "

On the other end of the corridor two red men with evil grinning faces, dressed in back,  were rapidly making their way up the corridor towards Amelia.

"okay, okay. what should i do? ' she asked frozen to the spot.

"run. That might be a good idea" the doctor answered.

"yeah, right, well i will come back. i promise " she looked at him before turning to run down the stair but two other red men had beaten her to it. "oh, this is just great" she said sarcastically. She turned to run the other way, hoping she could dodge the two other red men, but two heavy hands had grabbed her shoulders and before she knew it a cloth had been pressed against her mouth. Her eyelids became heavy and she drifted into darkness

oooOOO000

For the second time that day Amelia woke with a banging headache. Her arms were restrained behind her back with rope. She was sat down on a wooden chair. The back of the chair in between her tied hands and her back. She groaned as she opened her eyes slowly. She felt like death wormed up.

"looks like we've got a stow away fellas" A horse voice echoed into her ears. It was like a whisper. Amelia felt the presence of someone next to her and that was confirmed when a old crooked finger stroked her cheek, sending shivers through her body. "and ain't she a pretty one."

She looked to her left to see a creepy, old and possibly dying man. He wore a black silky cloak, the hood covering most of its face which had distinctive white scars across it. The old man smiled revealing a full set of pointy, yellow teeth. Amelia's face scrunched up in disgust at the smell. He had defiantly never heard of a toothbrush.

"you'll be worth a fortune" he said, his voice only just audible.

"and what exactly are you gonna do? " She asked, acting as if she didn't know anything.

"Arn't you the curious one "

"Answer the question " the smile faded from his face.

"we are going to extract you're memories and then sell you off as a dumbfounded slave " he grinned, finding no fault in his plan.

"why do you take the memories?" She quizzed.

"A very, very long time ago we let the slaves keep their memories...because we are so kind." he smiled again and then it quickly dropped. "But someone escaped and informed the shadow proclamation..."

Amelia laughed, interrupting the man " ooh, this is rich. Someone told them what you were doing and i do believe stealing citizens from a level five planet and selling them off is a very, very illegal crime." she said, empathizing on the very.

"You've seemed to have done your research"he snarled and Amelia smirked. Hanging out in the library all morning had actually paid off.

"so, here you are. on the run from the Jadoon i suppose? "

"you could say that yes. I changed that though, I am the saviour of the silver trade..."

"oh, here we go. Me, myself and I. " Amelia rolled her head back on the wooden chair. "Always the same story"

"If your quite finished! " he hissed circling around Amelia.

"what was your genius plan then? To just take away their memories?" The creep nodded. "that way they wouldn't remember what happened and if they did escape they couldn't go to shadow proclamation because they don't remember anything." Amelia stated, working out what the old man did.

"We transport them into the ship using the fog teleport, take away their memories and cell them as slaves for galactic credits. Genius, if i do say so myself." the man explained.

"but what do you do with the memories?"

"I'm surprised you haven't worked it out yet since you got everything else. we use them as fuel. Traveling to slave auctions and back uses up a lot of fuel and by using the memories We get all the credits then, not having to pay for the fuel means more money for us. Take a look around you..."

Amelia realized that she hadn't yet looked at her surrounding. She did as she was told and gazed around the room. It As exactly how Kamron had said it was. The room was lined with tall book cases but instead of books they we filled with glistening jars, a big label slapped on the front with a name and a number.

"In the jars are memories and the number shows how strong they are. Older people tend to have the strongest memories, after all they have lived a lifetime. The numbers tell us how long they will last as fuel. The ones with one will last for a month but the ones with ten will last almost a whole year since Ten is the highest, although we don't get a lot of tens but we did today. A man, called himself the Doctor,had a big whopping ten stuck on his jar."

Amelia listened and watch the old man carefully. He walked over to a podium and picked up a large jar labelled the Doctor with a large ten under his name. "oh, I will treasure this " The man said. "I wonder what you number you have." He laughed "we'll find out soon enough"

Amelia laughed nervously. "no you won't "

"and why not "

"cos'... I've got back up " she swallowed thickly.

"what? the lab rat? hardly back up! "

"And me!" A new voice echoed through the room. Both heads snapped towards the door where the voice came from.

"Hello, I'm the Doctor."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's really late and not the best.. i admit that but I didn't know what else to write so this and the next chapter are really not the best.  Thank you all for putting up with me :D haha. Hope to post the next chapter sometime next week since i can't this week because i have to have two teeth pulled out and then I have to have an operation in my mouth...yuck! anywho, doctor who. FIRST COMMENT GETS THE DEDICATION!!!