"Done exploring my place?" Marc's voice suddenly asked.

I just nodded and looked for him. He was at the kitchen counter waiting for me.

I looked around for Stella but she was nowhere to be found. I was about to ask Marc but he answered me, "Stella went home already. She asked Greg to go with her."

I was gonna ask who's Greg but he cut me off again.

"Greg's my driver."

I nodded and smiled.

I saw food on the table and asked, "You cooked?"

"No, Grace did."

Oh. I walked to the table and sat down. There are scrambled eggs and bacon. Hmm..my favorite.

"Eat."

Did he just order me? Ugh..how arrogant.

"Excuse me, you're not my boss here. Plus we're not in the office. And besides I am gonna eat." He just smirked at me.

I started getting bacon and the eggs. I ate most of the food actually. I was about to take my last bite when I realized Marc's staring at me the whole time.

"Uhh...are you gonna eat or just stare at me?" I asked.

"I can stare at you all day, baby." He said in his seductive tone.

Huh. He thinks I would fall for that. His cocky attitude and seductive voice won't. I will never fall in love again, that's for sure.

"Are you flirting with me, Mr. Collins?"

"No, I'm not." He denied.

I just ignored him and finished my food. I got up and got my purse.

"I'm going home. Thanks for everything, Mr. Collins. See you tomorrow." I said and turned around.

"Wait!" He grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

"What?" I said in a cold tone.

"Hey, don't be mad. I want to drive you." Before I could answer he just walked towards the door.

"Are you coming or what?"

I have no choice but to follow. God dammit. I hate this arrogant man. I followed him to his car and got in. He started the car and waited for a while. I heard him sigh. He drove and looked like he knew my address so I kept quiet and looked out of the window.

"We're just a few minutes away, Kate."

What?!?!? He can't be kidding right?!?!? No no no no!!! Why? Why does he have to know my house? Huhuhu...

"We're here." Wow, that was fast. Well looks like we're really a few minutes away from each other.

"Thank you, Mr. Collins." I got out of the car and waved him goodbye.

I found my key and got into my apartment.

I decided to call my brother. I really miss him. I waited for his answer.

"Kate! How are you? I missed you."

"I missed you too, Josh. Yeah I'm fine. I actually got drunk last night. My boss's sister invited me."

"What?!? You got drunk?!? It's your first time in New York and you already got drunk?!?!"

"Chill Josh. Nothing happened. My boss actually was the one who took care of me after I passed out."

"How kind of your boss. Is he flirting with you?"

"Yeah he is. I just ignored him. You know I don't wanna get hurt again. Besides, I'm enjoying my new life here in New York. I haven't gone around but I like my job. Stella, my friend and my boss's sister liked my designs. She's actually my friend already."

"Yeah ok..be careful lil sis. If something happens, just call me. I hope I can visit you or you can visit me. I love you, Kate."

"Thanks Josh! I love you too!"

"Bye! Gotta go. Call me soon. Take care!"

Josh hung up. I'm bored. I decided to draw.

I finished drawing six sketches. I felt content and hungry. I looked at my clock and it's already 1 pm. Gosh. I need to eat. I went to the nearest resto and ordered a quarter pounder and Coke.

I finished eating and went home. What now? Hmmm. Maybe I'll go running. I waited for an hour and changed into my sports bra and shorts. I grabbed my iPod and headed off to the park.

I ran and ran until my feet were tired. I bought water and drank it. Seconds later, I heard someone whistling. Ugghh...another maniac. I ignored him and continued running.

After three hours of running, I decided to go home and rest.

I checked my laptop and saw several messages from Stella.

Stella: Hey...how are you?

Stella: sorry about last night...I usually go to the bar on Saturdays...

Stella: Hope you're fine...I hope this won't ruin our friendship. I know you're a kind friend and I don't wanna lose a friend like you.

I decided to reply to her.

Me: I'm fine Stella. Thank you. Don't worry, I won't leave you. I want to know you better. You're my only close friend here. I'm hoping that you could take me around New York.

I waited and she replied seconds later.

Stella: oh sure!! I would love to! Tell me when you're free! I'm usually free during Sundays.

Me: ok! Thanks!

Stella: oh I'm thinking...I want to have a fashion show next month. I want to see your designs. I really like them. I haven't shown them to Marc yet. I'll show them tomorrow. I know he'll like them.

Me: thank you. I'm really speechless. Well, I have more designs. I just drew them this morning.

Stella: great! I want them first thing in the morning tomorrow. I'll give them to Marc. I'll also get designs from the others.

Me: copy that.

After that, I turned my laptop off and jumped on my bed. I thought about things that happened today and Marc's face popped in my mind. Annoying prick. I shook my head and thought of my brother. I soon drifted to sleep.