"And why is that?"

Kim took a deep breath and looked around the elevator, trying to avoid eye contact with her fellow passenger.

"Here."

"Huh?"

"I said, HERE."

"Who's there?"

"My friend."

"Your friend? Who?" Then Yam finally got it. "What, Pie is in the elevator with you?"

"Exactly, Yam. Bravo." Kim looked around to check Pie's reflection on the mirrored wall, thinking if the latter can hear the conversation even if she's on headset.

"Oh, really? Are you two alone there?"

"Yup." And this is awkward.

"Then why don't you grab her and kiss her?"

"Agh! You're crazy, Yam, crazy!" A sudden emotion rush through her chest made Kim react so hard.

"I'm just kidding. You're overreacting. Haha! Why do I have the feeling that you're already blushing?"

Kim had no chance to defend herself, and yes, she's blushing. She leaned herself on the wall, defeated. "Oh, Yam..."

"How does she look today?"

"Stunning. Beautiful. Always. What's new?"

"Is she looking at you now?"

"Mmm. I don't think so."

"So, what was her initial reaction when she saw you?"

Kim brought a hand to her face to somehow cover the feeling of being exposed. "I didn't get much of it, but we're both surprised."

"Then why don't you talk to her now, greet her."

"Ugh, I can't, Yam."

"You're friends, right? You don't need a reason to greet each other."

"I know, but... I'm shy..."

"Ugh, you're slow, Kim. How about her, did she greet you?"

"No. I told you — surprised, right?"

"Not even a gesture to say 'hey'?"

"I'm not sure, Yam. Even if she did, I wouldn't have noticed it because I was... you know..." Kim's eyes wandered around. But just like a metal that's always being pulled by the magnet, she can't help but look at Pie from time to time. She turned away immediately when she saw Pie's face on the mirrored wall.

Ugh. Why do you have to be so beautiful?

"Okay, I guess I have to exit the scene now."

"Huh? Why?"

"You can't make a move if you're talking to me now."

"Do I really have to make a move now?"

Kim realized that she said it aloud. Her initial gesture was to check on Pie's reaction. To her surprise, Pie was already looking at her. Their eyes met through the mirror reflection.

"Just enjoy your day, okay? Call me or I'll call you soon, I gotta go. Good luck!"

Yam hung up the phone immediately.

Oh, Yam.

Kim felt nervous. The elevator is currently on the 10th floor and Pie and she are on the expressway straight to the 17th floor because there are no people yet that early.