"Why?"

"I don't know. I just don't like cooking. It's too boring for me."

"You don't have plans of cooking for future hubby?"

"Well, I might change my mind in the future, I don't know yet. But right now, I really don't want to," said Pie, taking another bite of the food. "I always imagined myself being paired with someone who loves to cook anyway."

Kim abruptly stopped whatever she's doing, glanced at Pie for a moment and then dropped her gaze back at the food, smiling.

Pie noticed it. "What?"

"Nothing..."

"Then why are you smiling?"

"I don't know, I just... I just love the food..."

"Liar!"

Kim took a bite of the Patongco from her fork and taunted Pie with a silly smile.

"I... hate... you..." Pie trailed off in between bites while pointing her fork at Kim. Seeing that smile from Kim made her blush a little.

"So, it's the end of the year this weekend. What are your plans?" asked Kim, changing the topic.

"Our usual routine is to visit dad's grave in the morning, and then stay at my cousin's place for the New Year's Eve celebration."

"Oh, really? I didn't know that your dad is..."

"Yeah, when I was still in the 8th grade."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You've also lost one of yours too, right?"

"Yeah. Too bad for us..." Kim pouted.

"How about you, any plans? Don't tell me you're all alone again?" asked Pie.

Kim shook her head. "I'm going to Taiwan. My dad's there right now. We'll be celebrating New Year's Eve together."

"Wow, that's good to hear. At least you have something to do that day."

"Yeah, it's not every day we get to see each other so we make sure that we won't let occasions like this pass by just like that."

"And you should see your dad once in a while too. He surely misses you from time to time."

"Well, he does, if he doesn't have a girlfriend," Kim joshed.

"Oh, you, Kim..."

"Speaking of that, do you think it's a good idea to set up a blind date for your mom and my dad?"

"Do you think your dad will like my mom?"

"I'm sure he will. Well, you're pretty, where else could you get your looks from, right?"

Although Kim was unaware of what she said, Pie surely heard it as loud as a bomb explosion. She showed a devious smile with one eyebrow raised.

"You think I'm pretty?"

Kim's jaw dropped. It was not really her intention to sit in front of this petite lady. In fact, she feels awkward knowing that Pie will be able to see all her movements. But if the retribution of sitting there is the view she's seeing now then she had surely made the right decision.

"Oh, c'mon, Pie. Let's be honest here. Yes, I think you're pretty..."

Pie's mouth fell slightly agape seeing Kim's serious face.

"...pretty ugly, hahaha!"

Pie shifted her expression from shocked to a don't-mess-with-me-today look.