After a few seconds of uncertainty, she clicked the close button with her mouse. She leaned at the backrest of her chair and stared at the ceiling with both her hands on her tummy.

Kling!

The chat message notification made Pie rose up. A sweet smile flashed on her face after checking it.

"Good morning, princess :-D"

Without having second thoughts, Pie replied right away, "Morning, Kim :-)"

It took just a few seconds for Kim to reply, "How was your weekend?"

"Boring, Sunday was the worst. How about you, what happened to your tennis practice?"

"Just same ol' stuff. Got so tired after the practice. Sunday was boring for me too (T_T)"

"Ooh, poor Kim, always alone (>_<)"

"You should probably visit me more often ;-D"

"I think you should buy a pet, you know, so you won't get bored somehow."

"Come to think of it, I haven't thought of that until now, Pie."

"You love cats or dogs?"

"Hmmm... do you think turtles are going to be a fun pet around? :-P"

Pie glanced at Mrs. Lee beside the monitor. She's not aware that she's still smiling. She typed in her reply, "If you're patient enough to wait for it to greet you, I guess it's going to be fun around ;)"

"Cool! I'm gonna buy one soon!"

"So, how's you and Na—"

Pie wanted to ask about Nam but was hesitant about it. She deleted her message.

"Hey, Pie," a message appeared again, even before Pie was able to respond to the previous chat.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know what turtles use to communicate?"

"I have no idea."

"C'mon, make a wild guess : >"

"Mmm, are they using radio waves like bats?"

"No, they are using shell-phones! Hahaha :-D :-D :-D"

Pie couldn't understand how a simple corny joke like that made her smile. She was giggling silently in her station, trying to keep it to herself so no one would notice.

":-D I can't believe I bought that one, Kim XD"

"Have you had your breakfast yet?" Kim was typing too fast. It seems like she isn't doing anything yet.

"Yeah, I had it at home."

"Good for you."

"How about you?"

"Nobody prepares food for me :'("

Pie was too busy on her computer and she doesn't notice the people around her arriving. "Don't tell me you're skipping breakfast?"

"No, I'm having a burger now ^_^"

Pie looked up, imagining Kim eating a burger in her station. "Is that what you're having every day?"

"Yeah, most of the time. Why?"

"Wow. You're killing yourself, Kim."

"I know. But I don't have a choice."