Dad takes Mum from me and carries her into the house. He places her on the lounge. He pulls out his phone and exits the room.

I look at Mikayla. "Don't expect me to go all brotherly on you. I'm not going to get my hopes up that my parents have found there long lost daughter. Besides, I already have a sister."

And you can't replace her.

"She's been put through a lot." I look at Mum. "She tried to kill my little sister once."

I remember that event like it was yesterday.

I shake my head an turn my attention back to Mikayla. "Mum said 'that no-on will ever replace her little Maya and that she was a mistake.' Mum was alright with her twin brother."

Mikayla looks at the door. "I think I'm going to wait outside. I can clearly tell I'm not welcomed in the same room as you." She rises and heads for the front door.

Mum starts to move. "Please, don't leave me, Maya." She sits up and looks at Mikayla. She has tears running down her face. She places her face into her hands.

I move over to Mum and hug her. "Mum, that's Mikayla."

Mum shakes her head and rises. "No, she's my baby, Maya." She moves over to Mikayla and hugs her.

Mikayla stiffens while Mum holds her. After a couple of minutes Mikayla pulls away from Mum. "Can you please call me Mikayla?"

Mum wipes away her tears. She nods. "I'll try. But, in my mind you'll always be my Maya."

Dad enters the room and he looks at Mum and I. "Doctor James will be here in 30 minutes."

Mum turns to Dad. "George, why would you call him? We know that Mikayla is our daughter."

Dad pulls Mum into his arms. "I know. But, I want to be sure that this girl here is 100% ours. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I don't get the confirmation." He looks at me. "I'm sorry."

Mikayla looks at Mum and Dad. "I understand. You don't need to worry about me making things difficult for you. I think it's good that you are being cautious with this. I wouldn't want to let the rest of the family get there hopes up that the long lost daughter showed up out of the blue."

Mum looks at Mikayla. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"No, thank you. Do you mind if I sit outside for a bit?" Mikayla asks.

I rise. "I'll show you to the backyard. I don't want my brothers to see you when they come home."

She follows me into in the backyard. She pulls out her phone out of her handbag and puts the earphones in her ears.

She puts on a pair of sunglasses.

I strip off my shirt and dive into the pool. I do a couple of laps. When I look up I see Doctor James enter the house with Mum and Dad.

I should wake Mikayla up.

I tug out an earphones from her ears. "Mikayla, Doctor James is here."

She rolls the earphones around the phone and places it into her bag. She rises and follow me into the house.

I open the door to Dad's office.

Mum and Dad are sitting on a chair.

Doctor James pulls out a needle and he withdraws blood from my parents. He moves over to Mikayla and withdraws hers. "I'll take this to lab now and test it. I'll give you a call before five."

Dad nods. "Thank you, Doctor James. I'll walk you out." Dad and Doctor James walks out the door.

I hear my brothers enter the house.