"Why don't you go over to her and quit gawking Luke. Lord, you look like a dog drooling over table scraps." Carter said.

"Nah man, I can't do that. She's definitely got a boyfriend. I mean, look at her." I said.

We were at a bonfire with the rest of my Sigma Chi boys and the ADPis. She sat alone on a tailgate swaying to some music that was blasting out of the truck speakers, her little tan legs were swinging to the beat. She was gorgeous.

Carter groaned. "She came into Dingus MaGee's the other week alone, and I've seen her walking around campus alone. I've never once seen her with another guy. Get your ass up and go talk to her."

I took a swig of my beer, finishing the last few drops before setting it on our tailgate. I hopped down from the truck and turned when Carter spoke.

"Oh and Luke," He said.

"Yah?"

"Actually find out her name this time." Carter smirked.

I smiled and walked away towards the blazing bonfire pit that was in the center of the circle of trucks. I pulled out two beers from the cooler that sat there and took them over to her.

"Hey," I said nervously.

The girl grinned. "Hey, I remember you." Her southern accent pulled me in just like that and I melted at the words rolling off her tongue. "You were at Dingus MaGee's the other week!"

I chuckled. "Yep, that's me."

I hopped up on her tailgate and sat down next to her, handing her the Miller Lite. She graciously accepted it and popped it open, immediately taking a swig. My kinda girl...

"So, I never caught your name last time darlin'." I said.

She smiled softly. "Caroline, my name's Caroline. You can also call me Carol if you'd like."

"Well then, Caroline, where are ya from?" I asked.

"Slow your roll, cowboy. How about I get your name first?" She laughed.

I chuckled. "Oops, guess I'm so eager to get to know a beautiful girl like you that I forgot to tell ya my name is Luke."

She blushed and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. I felt my hear swell and I smiled, knowing that I could make her blush like that.

As the night wore on, we talked some more, getting to know each other better with each passing second. At points it felt like I had known her my whole life, not just for a few hours.

"Oh my God!" Caroline screamed.

I shot her a funny look at she laughed as she jumped down from the tailgate.

"This is my song. Cmon' come dance with me." She pleaded, pulling at my hand.

I listened and noticed that "Strawberry Wine" was playing through the speakers. I smiled and stood, pulling her close to me. We danced together swaying in front of the tailgate. I felt content with her head resting on my chest, all was right in the world at that moment. She looked up at me and smiled, I spun her around before finally tipping her back only to bring her right back up to me. We stared into each other's eyes as the song faded out. I so badly wanted to kiss her, but I didn't dare do so. Suddenly she cupped my face and kissed me. We stood there kissing for a while before I whispered in her ear.

"Let's go."

We ran to my truck and hopped in. I drove as fast as I could towards her dorm. She led the way, leaning up against me the whole time. When I pulled up to her dorm, we sat there in the truck. "Can't Get You Off Of My Mind" played in the background. She sat on my lap and I cradled her face in my hands and we sat there making out before I pulled back for air. I smirked and hopped out. She followed suit. She jumped into my arms and we ran into her dorm. When we entered I laid her gently down onto her bed before tossing my shirt to the side. I hovered over top of her.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yes, so sure." She whispered.

  When I went into the kitchen, I noticed that papers I needed to take into the studio tomorrow were laid out on the counter, ready to go, with an apple. Caroline was always on top of things and even knew I liked apples on days I'd go into the studio to work on the new album. That's when I started to realize all of the things Caroline really does do. She has my coffee waiting for me in the morning, the way I like it with the paper. She makes sure I have things I need for work. She buys my favorite foods and makes sure to cook my favorite meals every now and then. She makes sure that the boys have their lunches ready to go the night before. She makes sure Lays Potato chips are always stocked. She places my boots in front of the shoe rack because she knows I wear them often. She's always asking me how my day was and is there for me when I need support. And then she does all these little things to draw my attention. She laughs a little too loud, she stares a little too long, she smiles a little too big, and talks about me a little too much. And it's definitely working, because she's crossing my mind a little too often and I am clearly falling a little too hard.

::::::

Author's Note:
What are your predictions for the next update?
What are your thoughts for this whole book so far?

I need at least 15 comments to update! ☺️

Temporarily Yoursजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें