Chapter Twenty-Nine: Rohan Will Answer

A few days later

3rd person

At Edoras, Aragorn sees the last beacon lit and runs into the Golden Hall.

"The Beacons of Minas Tirith! The Beacons are lit!" Aragorn exclaims "Gondor calls for aid!"

Théoden, in council with his men, pauses and takes stock of this news.

"And Rohan will answer." Théoden says "Muster the Rohirrim!"

Legolas turns and looks at Lyra . She gives him a look knowing what he is about to say.

"Lyra I think you should stay here where you and our daughter are safe"

"Absolutely not Legolas Thranduilion! If you think for one second I am staying here away from you, you have another thing coming to you!" She shouts and storms off to their room.

Legolas follows after her. On his way, he bumps into Aragorn.

"Uh-oh did you piss off  my sister?" Aragorn asks the elf

"Not on purpose, she is hormonal. I just thought she was better off staying here. I just want her and our daughter safe"  Legolas replies

"I understand but, also realize she was held captive and kept from you. I don't think she could stand it. She just wants to be with you." 

"I'll talk to her. I know she just wants to stay with me but it is dangerous."

Legolas enters his and Lyra's room. He finds her laying on their bed facing away from the door. He sits next to her, she ignores him, though she knew he was there.

"Look, Lyra I'm sorry. I just don't want to lose you or our daughter." He says

Lyra turns to look at him. "I forgive you." she says and kisses him

Lyra

After we break away I smile at him and say "Elarinya"

He looks at me bewildered. "What?" he asks

"I think we should name our daughter Elarinya." 

"Elarinya. Morning star. You wish for our daughter to have an elvish name?"

"Yes, she will have my last name. I want her to have some name to honor your race and culture." I reply. He grins at me.

"It's perfect" He says and kisses me then adds "we should get ready to leave."

3rd person

A soldier rings an alarm bell. Théoden exits Meduseld, speaking with Éomer.

"Assemble the army at Dunharrow, as many men as can be found. You have two days." Théoden says

Éomer nods and turns. Théoden grabs his shoulder.

"On the third, we ride for Gondor. And war." Théoden says

Éomer nods and leaves.

"Gamling..." Théoden says

"Lord." Gamling says

"Make haste across the Riddermark. Summon every able-bodied man to Dunharrow."Théoden  orders

Gamling nods and departs. Théoden watches the Riders flow from Edoras. Aragorn and Éowyn exit the stables.

Lyra

"You ride with us?" Aragorn asks Eowyn, as well prepare our horses. I had decided that I would make Gimli ride with Aragorn so I could be with Legolas.

"Just to the encampment. It's tradition for the women of the court to farewell the men." Éowyn explains

I see Aragorn uncover a sword, hidden in Éowyn's saddle. She covers it with a blanket.

"The men have found their captain, they will follow you into battle, even to death. You have given us hope." Éowyn says to him

3rd Person

Merry, holding his sword, approaches Théoden.

"Excuse me. I have a sword. Please accept it." Merry says as he kneels. "I offer you my service, Theoden King." 

Theoden helps Merry to his feet. "And gladly I accept it. You shall be Meriadoc, esquire of Rohan." Théoden replies

Merry grins and runs off. 

Lyra

Legolas and Gimli prepare to depart. Legolas helps me on the horse then gets on behind me. I giggle as Aragorn helps Gimli on, but slightly struggles.

"Horsemen, hmph! I wish I could muster a legion of Dwarves, fully armed and filthy." Gimli says once he is seated behind Aragorn

"Your kinsmen may have no need to ride to war. I fear war already marches on their own lands." Legolas tells him

I see Merry try to get his stubborn pony to move; the pony ignores his kicks. Théoden takes one last look at his kingdom's banner.

"Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfill them all! To Lord and Land!" Éomer exclaims

The Rohirrim ride to Dunharrow, with Merry on his galloping pony.

(A/N: I am so sorry it has taken me so long to update, I have been working on other things and then I had a whole row of keys stop working so now I have to borrow my sister's computer. Thanks for the patience, I'll try to update again soon.)