Coruscant

Obi-Wan and Yoda entered Petro's room after they had finally finished their meeting.
Petro, deep in thoughts, was sitting cross-legged on the ground.
As the Jedi masters entered he stood up immediately.
'Masters.' He bowed to them.
'Petro, we have discussed what we will do now. At first you have to know that we are all going into hiding for a while. The empire wants to kill all Jedi and we can not risk our lifes right now. We could be one of the last existing jedi. We decided that you shall become a jedi knight, but you need a master to train you. Master Yoda and I have other problems to take care of the next years, so you must search the former padawan Ahsoka Tano. She will train you.'
'Padawan Tano?'
'Yes. The right one for this task she is.'
'With all due respect masters, how do you know that she will train me? She left the order. I doubt that she wants to train a padawan.'
'It's up to you that Ahsoka excepts you.'
'A starfighter ready is for you. Accompany you to it we will.'
On the way to the hangar many questions popped up in Petro's head.
'Master where am I supposed to find padawan Tano?'
'Honestly we don't know Petro. But we know about a senator who has spoken to her 2 years ago when she left. He might know something about her actual position. His name's Lux Bonteri. You'll find him on Coruscant.'
'On Coruscant? I've to go back there?'
'Yes I'm afraid you have to do so. Bonteri is our only indication for her position.'
As they arrived in the hangar a yellow Eta-2 Actics-class interceptor was already prepared for Petro.
'Is this..?'
'Anakin's starfigther, yes.'
Besides the fact that Skywalker was now a sith Petro couldn't help it: this was the famous starfigther of the even more famous Jedi General Anakin Skywalker! The hero of the Republic! Every youngling and every papawan admired him, he was their idol. And he killed them all...
Master Kenobi interrupted his thoughts.
'Did you ever fly a starfighter by your own?'
'No, but I'm the best pilot you could find between the younglings and the padawans in the simulator.' he boasted.
'Pride comes before a fall, young one.' Obi-Wan reprimanded him.
'But I'm sure you can fly this fighter. Oh, I almost forgot something. Here.' Master Kenobi handed Petro his lightsaber back.
'And I guess you need an astromech, too. R2-D2 shall accompany you.'
By the sound of his name R2 rolled over to them followed by C3-PO.
He beeped something understandable for Petro but it seemed as if R2 accepted his new task.
'Time to leave for you it is padawan. But sure I am that our ways will cross again one day.'
'Greet Ahsoka from me will you?' Master Kenobi smiled slightly.
'Yes, master. But I have one last question before I leave. Where will I find you if I should ever search for you?'
'On Dagobah I will be. Master Kenobi on Tatooine you find.'
'Thank you, my masters.'
'A last thing there is. Palpatine a sith he is. Careful you must be on Coruscant.'
Palpatine? A sith? Petro gulped 'Yes master.'
'May the force be with you, young padawan.'
'And with you.'
He bowed to them one last time before he started the engines and took off with an unknown future laying in front of him...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Petro arrived on Coruscant the former home of the jedi was half destroyed and the new logo of the Empire hang on his façade. The people on the streets cheered because of the clone wars final end, not knowing that they're reigned by a sith now. He decided his best chance for not being recognised immediately was by landing in the temple hangar. Petro assumed that the clones must have left the temple by now. Before he got out of the fighter he could already identify a few corpse.
Petro only knew the most from seeing, he never spoke to them face-to-face.
R2 beeped sadly.
'I know R2. This is a disaster... come on body we have a mission. Oh and can you keep this?'
He handed the astromech his lightsaber.
But he didn't go in the direction of the door. He walked up to a corpse of a young jedi. Katooni's body looked so tiny and cold on the floor. All he felt was overwhelming pain right now.
He turned her around so her face wasn't laying on the ground anymore and picked her limp body up.
He carried her bridely style trough the halls of the temple, not showing any emotions.
The young padawan carried her to the funeral room and placed Katooni into one of the 'graves'.
He studied her intensively one last time and kissed her on the lips before he closed the grave.
He allowed himself one last tear while the lighting stream burned her...

Petro could barely put one foot after another. Every step felt like somebody pulled a blade deeper and deeper in his heart. All the corpses on the floor...jedi knights, padawans and younglings. Never had he ever seen something more horrible. With every familiar face his strength decreased.
Concentrate on the mission!
But he was still not on the way to the exit. Petro went to the padawan quarters, his steps were heavy. He knew what would await him but he had to be sure, to be sure that his assumptions were true.
One by one he opened the doors to the padawan quarters of his friends.
Byph's at first, followed by Zatt's.
The next was Ganodi's and the last Gungi's.
Every room contained a corpse of a young padawan who had to die at a way too young age, except Gungi's. The window was broken in his room and a dead clone trooper was laying on the ground. Petro rushed over to the window and looked down.
There was no sign of a corpse. Petro's mood lightened up. Perhaps, also if it was improbable, Gungi escaped. Maybe...
But for now Petro had to concentrate on the mission. He kept an eye out for the wookie on the rest of his way but didn't find him. As the padawan stood at the bottom of the stairs, which lead into Coruscant's city, he did not turn around a single time...

There was no need for hiding. The streets were overcrowded by masses of people. Everybody was outside to celebrate. Every now and then someone threw a distrustful glance at him but nobody spoke to him. Nevertheless he wore a cloak above his jedi robe and kept his head down.
By the time he reached the senate building the sun was already sinking.
The new logo decorated this building, too.
He examined the area from some distance.
The entrance was well guarded by clone troopers who checked every newcomer carefully so he could rule this possibility for entering out.
Petros eyes glided over the the face of the building searching for...a ventilation shaft! Bingo!

Petro crawled trough the shaft somewhere above the main corridor. But it would be probably a bad idea to exit here so he kept crawling until he was over a office next to the corridor. He lifted the ventilation flap silently and examined the room which was fortunately empty. Petro landed in the middle of the room just as someone entered. He slowly turned around and faced a young pantoran girl.
'May I ask who you are?'