“What do you want from me?” she asks as she takes a slow step backward. She places the object behind her back which I now see is a phone, and she is trying to dial for help.

“Louis? Hey, hello? I’m trying to tell you something here.”

Frustrated, Louis turns around in his chair. “For the love of god, what?”

Josh is bouncing on his feet like he just won the year four beauty pageant. “I was walking back from class like I always do, not paying much attention to anything. I was pretty glad that the professor dismissed class super early since he didn’t have his slides with him. When I turned a corner, I see something and from a distance, it looked like a hug which is like, okay cool, two bros hugging, nothing wrong with that.”

Louis sighs. “Can you cut to the punch line? I’m kinda doing something here?”

“Oh please, for the better part of the past week, all you’ve been doing is sitting right there and staring at your laptop. I’d think you’re watching porn or something of the sort, but I know better.”

“I’ve been reading!” Louis retorts. “I’m trying to get my English Lit grade up, remember? And you’re the one who showed me this website in the first place!”

Josh rolls his eyes. “You cannot blame me for your obsession over whatever you’re reading. I bet it’s like written porn or something and that’s why you’re so captivated by it!”

“There has been nothing more than kissing in the first story I read and the one I’m reading now isn’t even a love story!”

~

    Liam and Zayn take the long way back to the dorms. Liam ends up blushing again when Zayn unexpectedly grabs his hand and holds it. Zayn just gives his hand a squeeze and continues on the conversation they are having.

    When they are right outside of Liam’s door, they can clearly hear the shouts. “Wait, do you hear that?” Liam asks.

    “Yeah,” Zayn responds. “It sounds like Louis and Josh are bickering once again.”

    “What d’you think it’s about?”

    Zayn listens for a moment. “I think Josh is complaining about how Louis is always on his computer?”

    “Well, sorry that I actually found something that I like reading!” Zayn hears Louis shout at Josh.

    “Yeah, they’re definitely fighting about that,” Zayn confirms.

    Liam snorts. “It’s going to be so much fun living with them.”

    “It’s only for this term, right? Maybe next year, I can ditch my shit roommates and you can ditch these two bickering morons and we can room together,” Zayn proposes.

    “Hmm,” Liam taps a finger to his chin. “I’ll have to think about that.” Because really, he has to think about that. Like seriously, he just admitted his feelings for Zayn and yes, he already knows that Zayn apparently is a fast mover, but that doesn’t mean Liam is. Then again, next term is in August and that is a good five and a half months away, so anything can happen, right? Liam takes a breath and reminds himself to breathe.

    Zayn and Liam enter the room as Josh yells, “You haven’t even let me tell you what I wanted to tell you!”

    “Oh?” Louis quirks. “What was that? What was so important that you dragged me out of reading? What is it, Josh? Huh, tell me?”