three

Calum

To say lunch went great would be an understatement. I'd never met another person that I had connected too so well, except maybe Luke. We talked about anything and everything. The way her eyes looked when she talked about the things she loved just made me want to be something that she loved as well, along with art and reading.

We were on our way back to the tattoo shop and flower store, laughing about some movie we both loved, when her phone started to ring.

"Hello?" she asked.

"I-I was just at the shop, my grandma needed me to do an order, but I'm uh on my way home right now." she nervously spoke, as if the person behind the phone was worth being afraid of.

"Yes I'm fine. Okay. Okay. Bye."

She looked up at me with her soft blue eyes, silently asking for help, but I wasn't sure for what.

"Is everything okay?" I asked her, trying to get her to explain the call and the fear she held.

"That was my uh boyfriend? Yeah I have to go, he's really mad. I had so much fun thank you, oh my gosh I never caught your name, I'm so sorry I-" she rambled on nervously, but when she said boyfriend my heart cracked a little.

"My name is Calum, I never caught yours either, what is it?"

"Brynn," she informed me, not knowing that her name would echo in my mind for days to come.

We walked and finally made it to the shops. She turned around to stand in front of me, and much to my surprise gave me a hug. One of those hugs that feels like the person is sticking all your broken pieces back together, something I assumed she wanted. So that's exactly what I gave her.

I heard her whisper something, I could've sworn it sounded like "don't go" , but the chances of that seemed slim to none. She had a boyfriend, why would she want me to stay with her? Did she really have a boyfriend? Did she love him? All questions I desperately wanted to know answers too.

Without saying anything more, she scurried off to her apartment, leaving me with broken hopes and her lingering scent of lavender on my clothes.

That girl had a mystery behind her, and I was determined to figure it out.

••••
I'm sorry this is short af but shïït is about to get poppin!!! Much drama coming up, and her POV is coming up but I wanted to wait till her name was revealed!

Please vote and comment telling me what you think! Also go check out lost boy my other story. Thank you!❤️