Chapter 1

The feel of the wind through my helmet made me smile.  "Home run!"  The fans scream, my team runs out to congratulate me.

"Erin, Erin, Erin!"  They cheer as we line up on the third base to shake hands with the other team.  I just hit the winning run.  The score was 10-9, 11th inning.  The coach of the opposite team stops me and smiles.

"Erin do you mind taking your helmet off?"  I look at him a little confused but take it off either way.  I let my long hair fall down my back and smile at the opposite teams faces.  I took off my baggy jersey shirt and let my tank top take it's place.  "You are a girl?  You just caught the whole game and hit almost every single one of the home runs," I nodded and walked off to my team and we all broke into laughter.

"WE ARE GOING TO STATE!"  We all yelled. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next day.

I woke up with a smile on my face.  The events of last night played over and over in my mind.  We won.  We are leaving for state in two weeks!  I jumped out of bed and turned on my music.  I was the reason the team was going to state!  The first time anything from our school has ever gone to state and it was because of me.

I danced around my room for another few minutes and finally threw on my baggy track suit and my tennis shoes.  As I ran through the city I smiled to myself.  Not many girls could do what I do.  I constantly had to deal with the rude comments from all the boys but at the end of the day they all looked up to me.  I probably shouldn't have been thinking because I ran into a giant wall of human flesh.

"Oh I'm sorry," I looked up and saw a gorgeous guy.  He had light hair and light eyes.  He was tone and muscular.  He was all around a girls dream.

"No you are fine I sometimes zone out while running all the time.  I'm Josh by the way," he put his hand out and I smiled.

"Erin," I said taking his hand.

"Well Erin where are you from?  I know mostly everyone at school."  I laughed slightly and took off for a slow jog.

"Wouldn't you like to know.  Bye Josh," I said waving bye and took off again.  When I made it back to my house I had run 6 miles in thirty minutes.

"Erin are you back?"  My mother's sweet mother's voice yelled at me.

"Yeah I'm back mom, I'm going to go take a shower before breakfast okay."  I said and walked to our one bathroom.  As I let the warm water unclench my sore muscles I thought back to Josh.  I knew most of the guys at school through all the sport events. but I didn't know him.

Hmm who is he?

Oh well no reason to worry about him, I had baseball to worry about and that was all I needed to focus on.

HEY EVERYONE!  How do you all like it?