I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 31

Mulai dari awal

Father arrived on our table and both of us remained silent.

Sasuke's father stood on the podium to address his welcome speech which was then followed by a sumptuous dinner.

There are live singers singing christmas songs while we ate making the ambience of the place feel more the spirit of the holiday season.

Add the large christmas tree at the corner and the designs and ornaments used to decorate the room. Everything you see around is color red, green, gold and silver.

It was probably the grandest christmas celebration I've ever been.

The real party started after dinner where the employees presented special numbers; most of them dancing, if not, then singing. It was followed by giving awards of recognition led by father and Sasuke's father as well.

Father is smiling as he congratulate the awardees. I'm freaking out.

I looked to the Uchihas' table to find Sasuke and he gave me a smirk.

Nobody can explain how nervous I get as the party continues. I keep fidgeting; my heart beating faster and heavier.

Came next was the traditional gift giving. I don't think I was informed about this! Even my sister had a gift for somebody! Hey, but at least I am not alone! I'm pretty sure I haven't heard Sasuke's name. We both haven't received nor had given gifts.

After that, I had a feeling that it is almost time for the highlight of the night when the party host told that there will a very special number before the party ends.

The band started with a slow violin with the lights turning soft. I can't explain but the vibe was very romantic.

A group a ballet dancers came out the stage and danced to the music.

Now, the violin was accompanied by a piano. The dancers looked like dolls dancing on top of a music box. I could watch them all day.

The next person who came out the stage was a very familiar one.

"S-Shino?!" He is holding a board where a message was written on it saying, 'You are my strength and joy. From the first day I met you, I knew I love you.'

The people are now able to get a hint of what was happening.

Before this night ends, a couple will get engaged.

I smiled. Well, this is this is the start of my more challenging acting skills.

"What is your friend doing there, onee-san?" Hanabi interrupted me. "Is he proposing to somebody in here?"

"Ah, maybe Hanabi." I shyly chuckled at her. I'm confused. I didn't know she wasn't informed about what's happening.

Well then, be surprised!

If we were able to let my sister believe then I will consider it a success!

The light turned brighter on my spot and so I looked around me and saw another familiar person holding a board.

"K-Kiba!" Oh my, I'm so glad seeing them after several months of not getting in touch. He was grinning at me and I read the message written on the board he was holding.

'You are the sunshine to my cloudy sky; my favorite song. And then I realized that I needed you for the rest if my life.'

I can't believe it but I was deeply moved. I didn't even realize I got tears ready to flow from my eyes.

I know this is just a play but it felt so real.

Sasuke-kun, why do you have to make sound so real?