= 10 =

Recap: I take a deep breath and throw the pearl towards Vikk's balcony.

I appear on the balcony with a roll. Bad landing Lachlan. Rusty.

"So. Here to save the former prince are you? Mind if I help you out?"

~*Lachlan*~

My heart races as I slowly turn to see someone I never expected. Kenworth.

"W-what?" I stare at him in confusion.

"I was an idiot. Clueless. I should have known her plans from the beginning. Killing off the rest of the royal family before giving our land away to the Emperor," He shakes his head in shame.

"How do I know I can trust you?" I ask, narrowing my eyes, "You could easily turn me in to Lillian."

"And watch as you are forced to kill the man you love before you're beheaded? I'd rather die than see that," I bite my lip and pull out my diamond dagger. You're being reckless Lachlan. But it's a way to save Vikk.

"Show me your hand," I say narrowing my eyes. Kenworth's eyes widen slightly and he nods. Holding out his gloved hand, "Without the glove."

He pulls the glove off of his hand reluctantly before holding out his bare hand.

I take his hand and press the blade into his palm until it draws blood, "You must promise not to reveal anything you see or hear from me if you're caught. If you betray me, or anyone of my allies, I have the right to kill you as slowly, and as painfully as I want. Do you understand?"

He nods quickly. "Yes," I nod and cut my hand with the other end of the blade. We shake hands before I put the dagger back in its seethe.

"You just made the Assassin's promise. Now let's go before we waist anymore time," I say pulling down my mask and wrapping my hand on the door handle to Vikk's chambers.

"You look really familiar," Kenworth says with surprise. "Tell me, are you of any relation to Katherine Edge?" My heart skips a beat and I look back at him. He just said my mother's maiden name.

"Y-yes. S-she was my mother." Kenworth's eyes widen in surprise.

"She was my mother," I bite my lip and close my eyes.

"We will discuss this in further detail once Lillian is taken care of," I say before pushing open the door.

~*Vikk*~

The door to my balcony opens, causing Preston and I to stand up. It's Lachlan. It has to be him.

No. Instead of Lachlan, it was Kenworth who walked in. "Kenworth! I am going to kill you!" Preston growls, cracking his knuckles.

"Here. You can use this to kill me too," Kenworth says drawing his diamond sword and pointing the handle to Preston. Preston sneers and rips the sword from Kenworth's hand.

"Don't kill him Preston. He made the assassin's promise. If he betrays us, I will personally slay him," My heart skips a beat as Lachlan walks through the door, an old, frayed red scarf around his neck.

"Lachy!" I gasp, running into his embrace, "I missed you so much." Tears started to brim in my eyes.

"I missed you too Vikky," he murmurs into my ear. The door bangs open and I turn around with a shriek. A man with a old blue scarf around his face stood in the doorway, clutching a blood covered dagger in his hand.

"Let's go. I made a few friends on my way up. They were quite the characters," the man says dropping his dagger and grabbing Preston's wrist.

"Rob, who did you--" the man interrupts Lachlan. Wait... That's Rob? The head gardener?