8. The Truth Comes Out

I stared in shock at the ground. Thousands of pieces of my expensive phone, the one I worked so hard to earn, were scattered there.

Amanda smirked, gave a small wave, and walked off.

After waiting a few seconds, Arden came out and instantly saw the smashed glass. "Amanda!" She ran out of the room.

"Arden, wait!" I yelled. Hayley gave me a look. I got out of the bed and chased after my friend. Hayley followed. 

We saw the group of my gym friends standing by a window. Arden was with them. Running, Hayley and I caught up to them and could hear Arden finish talking. 

"Guys, just come here! I swear that Amanda did something!" 

"What did she do?" Liv asked, kind of believing me.

"Livvy, don't believe her!" Amanda said, sounding nervous.

"Arden, what did she do?" Liv ignored Amanda.

"Liv! Shut up!" She screamed. Everyone stared at her in silence. Then Katie turned to me and Hayley.

"Hayley, what did Amanda do?" 

"She smashed Annie's phone!" Hayley yelled. Everyone looked at me. I nodded. They all ran back to my room and saw the phone on the floor, smashed. 

"You can't prove I did it," Amanda pointed out. I hated to admit it, but she was right! We didn't have any proof. 

Just then Katie screamed. "I totally forgot! I set up a camera to film us coming to see you! But I forgot to take it down when we left! We can see what happened!" 

She ran over to the window ledge where, sure enough, her camera was sitting, filming our whole time together. She stopped the footage and went to her memory to watch the video. Amanda starting to leave, but Peanut and Moo stopped her. 

I went over to watch the footage too. Katie fast-forwarded the footage of us talking and got to the part where they were leaving. Then, we saw it! The thing Arden and I were hoping and praying was on camera! We saw Amanda lean over and say, "Arden can't save you forever," and smash my phone! Smash it into a million pieces. Everyone stared at her, and she groaned loudly. 

"Fine! I did it! I also pushed Annie and wrote her some mean notes, ruined her locker, and...was planning more." Amanda confessed. 

"More?! Like what?" Arden asked, bewildered. 

"Well, I was planning to get Arden hurt or kidnapped or something," Here Liv hugged Arden hard. "And then focus on ruining Annie's life. She gets the YouTube spotlight, I want a turn! It's all about Annie, Hayley, Caleb! I was glad Caleb died, glad! One less person to steal the spotlight from me! Bratayley Brats!" 

Glad Caleb died? Glad my brother, my best friend, my everything, died? I can't believe it! I hate her more than ever now, if that's even possible! Arden came and hugged me tight, and I hugged back. I could feel her tears, but I bet she could feel mine. I was so happy to be so close to her now. She wasn't my friend, she was my sister in this moment.

After we had our "moment" everyone else crowded me, apologizing, praising, sympathizing, and just talking to me. Amanda was guarded by everyone, and, after telling the nurse what she had done, taken away to have her parents called. Boy, was she going to be in trouble!  

Then, Katie told me she got her whole confession on camera too! I was so happy, I almost broke down crying. Crying because it was finally over. No more secrets and suffering! I could be trusted again, and Amanda could not. 

Arden, by the way, was getting tons of hugs and apologies too. Everyone felt so bad for what they did to her! She wasn't a bully, but the one who saved my from the bully. And she deserved a giant thanks! 

Then I looked at the time. Six-thirty! Bratayley goes up in thirty minutes. But, everyone was commenting on Instagram that they wanted to know about my wrist. Then I saw Katie's camera. 

"Hey! We should all film a Bratayley video about what happend! No mentioning Amanda but just saying I broke it and how and yeah."

So, we set up the camera, crowded around my bed, and began filming. I hadn't filmed all day and had really missed it. It felt so good to say the words that came out of my mouth next:

"Hey guys! It's me Annie!"

*AHH! Did you like it? I am having one more chapter, but the main story ends here. How was it? Also, I am going to write more Bratayley books but I want to put Caleb in some. Good idea or bad? Let me know! And a giant disclaimer: Amanda is super sweet! She would never do anything like this to Annie ever and she loves her. Also, Arden is loved by her family and she loves them back. They would not torture her like in this story. This is a fictional story just made up for fun. So enjoy! Get excited for my next book!
-BratsBnBae