7. Arden Can't Protect You Forever

"Arden, wait!" I called out as she began dialing the cab. She looked up at me, confused. 

"What?" She asked back, setting her iPhone on the table beside the plastic chair she was on. "I have to go. I can't stay here!" 

"Yes you can! My mom won't care once she learns the truth. You can stay! Please!"  I begged her. I looked at Hayley, my poor little sister. "Don't make Hayley watch me cry! Just stay!" Arden's face trembled, then she burst out laughing. 

"Okay! Okay, I will stay!" We both laughed and cried and hugged in a big confusing mess. Then I took a nap (I had to much excitement today!) and Arden played with Hayley. I grinned as I drifted off to sleep. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all...

Ping! My iPhone's notifications sound woke me up fast! Arden and Hayley laughed at me because I basically jumped up onto the roof. Yawning, I checked my notifications. It was from... Liv!

BE THERE IN FIVE! MISS YOU!!!

YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!

IS HAYHAY THERE???

YEAH. NOT MY MOM THOUGH.

:( OH WELL. SEE YOU IN FIVE!!!!!! W/ GYM CREW!!!!!

"Arden! Everyone is coming from the gym!" I cried, super excited. I got to see my friends!

Arden, however, didn't look so excited. "Um, Annie?" 

"Yeah?" 

"They...kinda sorta hate me right now."

"What?! Why?" 

"I freaked out at Amanda without and explanation and now they think I am a huge bully."

"Arden! Okay, um, hide for now. They will be here any second. We'll figure this out later."

Arden nodded and ducked into a small storage closet. I quickly explained to Hayley that no one could know she was there. Hayley understood and we sat and waited.

Soon, my gym friends came pouring through the door. They only stayed about fifteen minutes, (Their moms said I needed rest) and then left. But their visit was so much fun! I chatted with all of them, except Amanda of course, and we took selfies. Liv and Katie even had gifts from the gift shop here! Katie got me a little stuffed pig and Liv got me one of those funny cards that play music. 

"GET WELL SOON, GET WELL SOON, BEFORE I BLOW ALL MY MONEY ON A GET WELL BALOOOOON!" It sang.

They all signed my cast, then they had to go. But as they were leaving, Amanda came up to me and grinned. "That loser Arden can't protect you forever. Like now, she ran away when you need her most."

Then she picked up my brand new iPhone and smashed it into a million pieces.

*I hope everyone had the best Christmas ever! And sorry for the short chapter! Another one is coming later tonight! Thanks for over 50 reads! Not a lot, but getting there!