The News

Friday: 6:30 pm

Mackenzie's POV

"Ok girls, I have a huge announcement." Ms Abby says.

All the girls look at her with beaming smiles.

"You're all moving into this house together!" She shows us a picture of the biggest house I have ever seen.

"Ms Abby, it's amazing!" Maddie, my big sister, says.

"I know girls. I also have other news. I don't know how you will take it."

The girls' happy faces fade away and they give Ms Abby a blank expression.

"You're going to public school!" Ms Abby seems excited, but everyone else doesn't as they start yelling out complaints.

"What about all the fans? Won't they bother us?" Kendall says.

"They're all going to want to be our friends, and what about the people who hate us? They will make our lives miserable!" Maddie says, begging Ms Abby to change her decision.

"Sorry girls, your papers have already been turned in and you start next week. Don't worry about fans, or haters. The principal promised me anyone who messes with you will be punished. I expect to see you girls at 8:00 am sharp, tomorrow morning. Since we don't have a competition this weekend, we will be adjusting to the new house, and practice, practice, practice. Gianna and I will be living there too. Get some rest girls, we have a busy day tomorrow." She waves and we all run to our bags.

After everyone packs up and says goodbye, we hurry to our parents cars to tell them the news.

"I know already. No need to tell me." My mom, Melissa, says when we get in.

"I already have your bags packed and ready. Your sisters are gonna miss you." She turns on the car and we drive away.

"I can't believe this!" Maddie says, grabbing her phone.

Right then, I get an invitation to a group message with my dance friends.

Maddie: I can't believe this! My mom said she already knows.

Kendall, JoJo, Nia, Kalani: Mine too!

Me: I know! How can they make us go to public school? Don't they know how hard this will be?

Kendall: At least we'll all have someone in the same grade.

JoJo: Yeah. I'll be with Kenzie, Kendall with Maddie, and Nia with Kalani.

Kalani: Yeah. That's the only good thing. I gotta go, I'm already at home.

Maddie: Bye everyone.

Me: Bye.

I turn off my phone and look at Mads. She's sitting in the back with me, although she usually sits in the front to talk about everything she did in dance. I still love her, though.

"Girls, we're home. You can take turns in the shower and dinner should be ready by then."

"Ok, mom. This will be our last dinner together as a family." I grab my bag and slide out of the car.

"Maddie, Kenzie!" Our two little 3 years old twin sisters, Sophie and Hannah, jump on us the second we come in the door.

"Why do you have to leave?" Hannah says, lifting her arms.

I drop my bag and pick her up. Maddie does the same with Sophie.

"I'm sorry girls. It's what Ms Abby wanted us to do." I hug her and put her on the floor.

"Dibs on the shower!" I call, picking up my bag and running up the stairs with Maddie chasing me.

I rush into my room and close the door.

"Mackenzie Ziegler!" Maddie pounds on the door.

I laugh and drop my bag on the floor. After laying out my pajamas, I hop in my shower and sing.

"Kenz, I hear you singing!" Maddie says, banging on the wall that divides my bathroom and her bedroom.

"That's ok. The whole world has!" I respond.

"Shut up!" She says.

I finish my shower and hop into my pink fluffy robe. After combing my hair and putting it in a messy bun, I get dressed in my pajamas and go downstairs for dinner. The girls are in the living room, playing with me and Maddie's dog, Malibu. (A/N Sorry if I spelled it wrong.)

"Kenzie!" The girls jump up from the floor and hop on my leg.

"Girls, I just saw you, calm down!" They don't listen and continue to try and climb all the way up me.

"Fine." I pick them both up and take them into the kitchen.

"Mommy!" They yell.

"Hi girls." She kisses both their cheeks and I put them in their high chairs.

Maddie comes down and my mom sets out the food.

"My favorite meal!" I squeal.

"Spaghetti, Kenzie." Sophie yells.

Although I have no idea what she's saying, I smile and plop it on my plate.

"I'll miss you guys." Maddie says.

"I miss you too." Hannah says, using her hands to eat her food.

After Dinner: 8:30 pm

"I guess we can help you clean up. We'll probably have a maid in the new house." Maddie says.

"Sure will." My mom says.

We help her clean up and put the girls to bed.

"Good night. See you in the morning." Maddie says to Hannah.

"Night night." She replies, yawning.

We leave their room and close the door behind us.

"Good night, Mads. I'll see you in the morning, when our lives will be changed forever."

"Good night, Kenz. I'll see you in the morning, when our lives will be changed forever." We share a long hug and go to our rooms.

After reading some of a book and checking my Instagram, I finally turn off my lamp and drift into a deep sleep.

A/N Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. More to come tomorrow.