14. It's been a while

Start bij het begin

"... I understand," I tell him still holding in my shock of the current situation.

"Very well, you may leave Kenshi and give me a full report," Mr. Serizawa orders.

"I will," I answer.

Kimiko... just what are you doing now...

Kimiko POV
(Later that afternoon)

Today I picked Natsu up from school since her mom was busy and decided to bring her to Stardust cafe.

"Wow! This is where you work?" Natsu says in awe as she looks around inside the cafe.

"It is," I answer. "Do you want to eat anything?" I ask.

"Strawberry cake!" Natsu answers and I giggle.

"Sure," I grin.

Shiro comes in the cafe after finishing school and overhearing the whole conversation between Natsu and I. She turns to Jun who's playing with Natsu's curly hair. "Jun did Kimiko seriously bring a child into the cafe?" Shiro comments in utter surprise.

"It's fine~" Jun says with a satisfied smile. "I like kids. They're so innocent and fluffy."

Shiro stares at Jun with a deadpanned look. "Pedophile."

"I am not!" Jun cries out.

Natsu looks to Shiro and her eyes widen. "Wow you're so pretty!"

"Hah?" Shiro blurts out surprised from such an unexpected compliment. "You don't have to compliment me, I'm not that pretty at all."

"But you are! Your eyes are a pretty blue and your hair is white like a swan. You're very pretty," Kimiko smiles and Shiro's eyes dilate.

"Shiro you have to thank the child for the honest compliment she gave you," Jun smiles.

Shiro's cheeks flush bright red. "Thanks," she says quite embarrassed.

"See that's why I love kids so straightforward without thinking what they say," Jun laughs. "Makes me wish that I can go back to my youth."

"Old geezer," Shiro mumbles.

"Huh what's going on here?" I ask seeing everyone causally around Natsu. "Natsu. Here's your strawberry cake," I hand her a slice of strawberry cake.

Natsu takes a big bite. "Yummy!" Natsu happily says. "Kimiko when's Shoyo coming?"

"I got a text from him. He's almost here since volleyball practice was cut short today," I tell her and her eyes sparkle in pure joy.

"Yay!" Natsu cheers.

The door opens and the bell rings.

Jun turns around. "Welcome to—" Jun chuckles the moment he sees the person in front of the door. "Speak of the devil. Ken what brings you to this place."

I quickly turn around and see Ken standing there angry at Jun. before I know it, he grabs Jun by the collar. "Jun! What the hell! You told me that you would tell me if you saw Kimiko but instead you kept silent this whole time? Why didn't you say a word!?" Ken yells at the top of his lungs.