Prologue

Val to the side

--------------------------------------

Ghost/Spirit: Ghost is a childish way of saying spirit. Spirits are the incorporeal part of humans: present in spirit absent in body. The soul regarded as separating from the body at death.

"Sorry, there's nothing I can do. Modern medicines has never seen such a disease. It's like its........... Invisible"

Invisible

A word I thought left me as I watched my mother suffer from an unknown disease on her dying bed.

Valerie Marie is the name, an invisible life is what I live everyday. I'm an only child with only a father. I'm not rich but I'm not poor ( I'm middle class you can say ). I have jet black, long, silky hair that runs to the end of my back. My eyes are piercing green, and my skin is a bit tan. I go to school and only have one friend while the rest of the school population doesn't know I exist. Evan Styles is the one that knows me the most. He knows my deepest secret. The secret my mother told me to tell the people i trusted the most. The last words my mother spoke to me:

Flashback

After the doctor told My father and I that they can not help my moms unknown problem, we stayed knowing this would be our last time with her. I was only five at the time and didnt understand why my mom couldn't be help. Till now I still don't. My mom beckoned me to her bed with a painful smile on her face. She gave my father a look, like they were sharing a secret and then she turned back to me with that same sorrowful smile.

"My baby, you have been given the ability to see the dead. It has been passed through my family lineage. Whoever you marry will also be given the ability and your children will inherit it. Please my child, use this ability wisely. Watch who you tell such a secret to. People out there will try to hurt you and other will not mind, while some will just not except you. I want you to live a normal life okay?"

"Mama, I don't get it."

"In time sweetheart, in time"  

She started coughing heavily, choking, heaving and I started weeping. My mother eyes were closing as she started to turn pale. I ran to my father who was sitting on a chair, I was hitting his chest screaming

"DADDY DO SOMETHING," I said screeching and crying "MOMMY IS DYING, HELP HER, NOW, DADDY COME ON!"

He held my wrist and pulled me close into his chest. We watched my mom die slowly with every cough, with every choke, and with every intake of breathe, and lastly a tear drop.

"I'm sorry sweety" my dad whispered.

And I turned into his chest and wept my eyes out.

Why me?

Flashback End