8.

Omniscient

Tonight was the night Tara has been waiting for. It was her first prom and she was going to share it with the person she had strong feelings for.

But she was also excited for the later events that was going to occur after.

"How does it look?" Tara asked Lani as she did a full 360 spin.

"Perfect." She smirked.

Tara's now honey blonde hair flowed down her back in big spiral curls. Her dress hugged her stopping right below the knee.

"You look gorgeous, Lani." Tara complimented her smilling.

"Thanks, T."

This was the first time they dressed up. They were use to dressing tomboyish so the outcome was unbelievable.

Lani and Tara looked like two different girls.

"You think Chris will like it?" Lani stressed.

"Yes Lani, just relax."

"Girls, Chris and August are here." Carlos, Tara's dad called from downstairs.

"You go first." Lani slightly pushed Tara towards her bedroom door.

The look on Lani's face showed how nervous she was so Tara granted her wish of going first.

The two boys stood at the bottom of the stairs watching their beautiful dates make their way down the stairs in a trance.

"You look beautiful." August told Tara when they were face to face.

"Thank you, handsome."

She couldn't help but think to herself about how sexy August was in his suit.

"Pictures." Karen, Lani's mom squealed as she gestured for both couples to stand close to each other.

She took about a thousand of pictures before she finally let them leave.

"Have fun." She told the teens from the door.

"But not too much fun." Carlos added, narrowing his eyes at August.

He just had no idea what those two were going to be up to tonight.

☆☆☆☆

August helped Tara out the limo and they walked hand in hand inside with Lani and Chris behind them.

"I like you in heels, you should wear them for me more often." August smirked as him and Tara slow danced.

"Shut up." She giggled.

She looked off into the crowd of couples and found Lani who's head rested on Chris's chest as they danced.

Tara turned her attention back to August who was staring extremely hard at her.

"What?" She looked at him weirdly.

"I love you." He blurted out.

Her eyes widened in shock.

"I love you, like in love with you." He told her putting a smile on her face.

"I love you too, Aug."

Tara knew she loved August a while ago but she was scared that he didn't feel the same, so she kept it to herself. Hearing him say it made her heart flutter.

"I'm going to go get us some punch." August said when the song ended.

He went to the table filled with refreshments.