One-Shot

"I'm home!" He yells, looking around the dark, quiet home, "Babe?" He shuts the front door with a slam, the harsh wind pushing against him. He hangs his coat in the hallway closet, turning on the nearest set of lights.

I watch him from the corner, ready for my surprise attack.

He frowns, kicking off his shoes and padding softly towards the dining room.

With ninja-like speed, I race after him, jumping on his back and yelling, "Boo!"

He jumps a little, but places me on my feet, turning around to smile at me, "I've missed you so much, Tris." He murmurs, running the back of his hand across my cheek.

I bounce a little, energized by his early arrival, "I'm so glad your home, Tobias. This house is all to big for just one person."

He pouts a little, "I'm sorry I had to leave right after we bought this place. I take it you adjusted well," He smiles, glancing at my over-the-top Christmas decorations that litter the floor.

"I'm too short to get them up there. I might have fallen and hurt-" I frown, about to give away my surprise, "Me." I finish, glancing up at him with a goofy smile.

He smiles, giving me a heated, yet loving look, "How'd you know I was coming home early? I was hoping to surprise you."

I shrug, "Zeke told Uriah, who told Christina, who told me. Sorry." I giggle sheepishly.

"It's okay. I'm glad I'm home for our first Christmas in this beautiful place."

I can't take it anymore. It's been too long of a month, I've missed him more than anything.

He seems to understand, pushing me down on the couch gently, resting his elbows on each side, so he doesn't squish me, "I've missed you so so much." He whispers, nuzzling my neck.

"I love you." I put my lips on his, the softness causing me to mewl softly. He smells like home.

He kisses me in a gentle way, pulling back to stare in my eyes. His eyes quickly wonder, his attention span too short, "There's only one present under the tree." He notices.

I hum,"It's a pretty big present." I grin.

"Can I open it?" His eyes light up, making him look younger, like a little boy.

"Then you'll have nothing to open tomorrow." I frown. I was messing with him, I had more presents hidden away. I wanted him to open this one as soon as possible.

"Please?" He leans down, kissing the shell of my ear, leaving a trail down my cheeks and to my neck. He looks up at me with wide eyes.

"Okay." I laugh, watching as he jumps off of me and runs to the tree. He picks up the small square box, and shakes it. When no sound is heard, he frowns, tearing the package and box in half with ease, "That's not how you open a present!" I protest.

He flashes me a guilty look, before unwrapping the purple tissue paper. He stares at the itty-bitty Converse with shock, "You-this isn't a joke?" He runs over to me, placing his warm hands on my barely round stomach.

"I'm pregnant, Tobias." I purr, watching his reaction carefully.

He jumps, picking me up and spinning me around, "We're going to have a baby!" He lets his laughter loose, the sound so joyous that I can't help but to join. When he calms down, he tugs me onto his lap, cradling me like I'm the most precious thing in the world, "Do you know the gender?"

"No, honey, I'm not that far along. I just found out the other day. I was throwing up and acting weird, so Christina made me take a test. Three of them to be exact, all positive." I rub his chest, feeling his excited heartbeat against my palm.

"Can I give you a gift? It can't top yours, but..." He trails off, laughing yet again when I nod, "I'll be back." He shouts, before running out the front door barefoot.

I frown slightly, he better not get a cold on Christmas.

After a few minutes, the door opens, revealing Four and a German Shepherd puppy.

"You did not." I gasp, letting the dog run to me, tackling me in slobbery kisses, "He's perfect." I cry, letting a few tears escape, squeezing the dog tightly to me.

"Did you see the collar?" He hints, watching me closely.

I shake my head no, turning the dog to read his collar, "Atlas." I coo. What a perfect name.

"Tris, look at his collar."

"What? I did. His name is-" I gaps again, taking notice of the sparkly diamond ring that's tied around the puppy's neck.

Tobias's fingers unwind it gently, and he sinks to his knees, "Will you marry me?"

More tears seem to fall, but despite my blurry vision, I still jump on him, peppering his face in kisses.

He laughs, "I'm taking that as a yes." He slides the ring on my finger, kissing me, with a toothy smile.

"Merry Christmas, fiancé."

(Merry Christmas! Point out any errors please. XD I got so excited I thought faster than I could type. That usually results in LOADS of errors.)