Chapter 8: Summoning the Ravenman

I sat in her room using her computer for reading the news down in the city. "Ah! Damn it!" she hissed from the bathroom. "You ok?" I called from the desk not looking up and reading. "Yeah...Didn't expect this to react so bad to Bactine..." she called. "I must have got freaking mangled" she hissed while applying Bactine to the scars on her shoulder. "Yeah" I said as I typed into google "What does it mean if I perform an exorcism and tattoos show up?" nothing came up but that's what I expected. "Hey!" I called over my shoulder. She walked in and flinched , "Jeez you don't have to yell dork" she put her bactine back on it's rightful place at her desk. "What does it mean if tattoos start showing up on my  arm after I do an exorcism?" I looked at her. She crossed her arms then put her hand over her mouth arching her eyebrows as she entered deep thought. "Hm...don't know...It's not in the books up there either, as I said ECs' like you are like unicorns so there isn't really anything written down, if there was it's either lost or destroyed" she sighed. I nodded and shut down the computer. "Phil called me, they request our presence at the station whenever we have time" she said as she looked into a mirror running a comb through her hair. "I should hope so we were victims and the last to leave the scene..I just hope they don't accuse us of arson" I leaned back in the chair looking at the anatomy poster that was next to the metal sign of "Mars Attacks" and a sketch of Vincent Price. 

"They probably won't , they know you are somewhat normal and can't do any fire stuff...They know I can't either I'm still little it's something I still need to learn" she made an angry face at her reflection in the mirror.  A knock at the door made us both turn. "Hey you two, I got doughnuts and things" Annik's dad was a bit jittery. "Dad you ok?" Annik walked to him. "Yeah..." he smiled and hugged her tightly. "Dad I'm fine" She knew he was all scared about the possession. He hugged her tightly, "I know I just can't lose you! you're my baby!!" he had tears falling. She looked at him as if saying , "Dad please no.." . "I'm sorry..I just got scared, lets go eat and forget of it" he calmed quickly. She nodded, "We have to head to the station anyways.." she said as she tied a bandanna around her neck which was a face mask with a bottom portion of a skull. "Ok...Just be safe" he said. "Wait...safe..." she turned to me. "Johnathan where are the guns?" her eyes were wide. I sat thinking the cringed, "Damn it! , I'm sorry...I was trying to get you back here as fast as I could that I might have dropped them" I had my face in my hands. She sighed, "it's fine..we are going that way anyways we will just drive slow and look for them along the road". I nodded . 

"You know..I might have something  ready down stairs you can use" he dad said. Annik's face lit up, "Like one of your assault rifles?!" she was excited. "You can't take that out in the street!" her dad looked at her as if she was crazy ( who wouldn't) . "killjoy" she narrowed her eyes but laughed. "You two follow me" he grinned and walked out and down the hall. "Well, lets go" she smiled and put on a sweater that said "Five Fingered Death Punch" that looked way too big for her. I got up and followed her down the first set of stairs into the living room then down to the garage. Right as we walked in my jaw dropped. walls covered with different weapons guns,swords, etc.  . Her dad sat at a work table looking at the wall above him which held a various collection of hand guns. "You made these?" I asked as I stood behind him. "Yup, bought a few but made upgrades on them...It's a side hobby of mine..." He looked up at me and smiled , proud of his work. one gun caught my eye instantly , it was a pistol with a silencer ..but on the handle was engraved a silver cross. "Can I ?" I asked already reaching for it and not noticing. "Go ahead!" he moved so I didn't have to reach over him. 

I held it , it felt perfect. "Hey dad!, what's this!" Annik called from a work bench from the other side of the room. "Oh damn it , you weren't supposed to see that!" he rushed over. I was just lost in looking at this gun. I looked up and saw Annika holding a big block of a gun then the gun opened up and made a bigger gun , it looked like something out of a movie. "It was supposed to be your Christmas present..I tried replicating that gun you like from that anime you watch...psychopaths?" he looked a little bummed because the surprise was ruined. "Psychopass , dad...this is ....I can't even think right now" she was lost in its glowing purpleness. "The bullets glow too..." He looked up waiting for her to get more excited. She screamed and hugged him tightly. then took one of the magazines to it and ran into the laundry room. "Did she just go into the laundry room?" I raised my eyebrow. Her dad laughed, "follow me Johnathan" he walked in. it looked like a normal small laundry room but there was another door right next to the laundry shoot. He opened the door and there was Annik standing still , in firing position, firing her new gun. A bright violet light flashed with each shot. "A shooting range?" I could not believe this at all. "I built it myself too...I got a little bored one day so I decided to make this dead space into something" he smiled watching her as if remembering something. " She's really good..." I watched her as she hit dead center most of the time. "I taught her when she was 8...I used to be in the army when I was younger so all this is just my life" he said smiling softly. "Annika, let Johnathan have a turn with his" he called to her. She took out one of her headphones, "What?" she said. "Let Johnathan try out The Messiah!" he kinda yelled. "The Messiah?" I looked down at my hand realizing I still had the silver cross gun in my hand. "Go on Johnathan" He smiled, eagerly waiting for me. I went up , loaded it , Stared down my target , and fired. It was a smooth shot , quiet not that strong. I stopped, "Is this a 22?" I looked at him.