23/12

23rd December

Dean had prayed for snow. Ten years ago had been his first date with Castiel and it has snowed. He was going to relive everything they did on that day but instead it was frosty and the ground slippy.

He woke Cas up with a kiss and a coffee. When he saw a flutter of movement he went downstairs to cook them breakfast.

As much as he loved the man, Cas was not someone anyone wanted to be around in the morning. He was the happiest and sweetest person Dean had ever met but if your in his presence before he had had his first coffee then you're putting yourself in danger.

Twenty minutes later Dean heard footsteps padding down the stairs and as he turned he saw the figure of his husband turn the corner, a sleepy smile on his face and an empty mug in his hand. "Do I smell pancakes?" he asked rubbing his eyes.

As Dean took them off he hob to serve he felt hands around his waist and a mutter in his ear "Flip off." He put his head down and grinned. Next thing he knew Cas had grabbed their other pan and a pancake and was counting down from three.

They had to flip up as high as they could then catch it. They had played a million times but the game still had its appeal.

On one they both threw their pancakes up in the air. Although Dean's went higher, Castiel's landed back on the pan. Dean's stuck to the ceiling. "Crap." He sighed as he looked up. "Don't you mean crêpe?" He heard Cas giggle. Dean looked down with a huff, trying to suppress a smile. "Go get the brush I'll grab a chair."

Once they had finished breakfast it was still icy so they made the decision to stay inside.

At around lunch time Cas made Dean sit in the middle of their living room, on the floor, with his eyes closed. He heard Castiel entering back into the room and when he was pretty close he felt a box put in his hand. "Open your eyes Dean."

He opened his eyes to see Cas was sat in front of him smirking. "Happy anniversary my love."

Dean ripped open the paper to find a photo album that was filled with photos of different scenery. It was literally everything from a park to on the moon. He looked up confused at Cas who was grinning and could barely contain himself. "Look at the back page."

As he flipped to the back an envelope fell out. Dean opened it still confused.

Inside was a piece of paper that had confirmation details of a day meet and greet with meerkats. He looked up at Cas a little confused still, "Meerkats?"

"YES meerkats, think how fun it will be and we can take a bunch of photos and photo shop ourselves into the different backgrounds in different outfits with the meerkat! Did you know we-" he was cut off by a kiss from Dean. "Thank you," he somehow managed to mutter into Castiel's mouth.

Next Dean sat Cas down with his eyes closed and raced to go and find his gift. He had hidden it above the wardrobe because Cas was just too short to reach.

He sat back down and announced his arrival with a kiss on his husbands nose. "Here you go."

In Castiel's hands was a large, brown envelope.

Carefully he opened the slip at the top and pulled out a wade of paper. Tears began to form in his eyes as he looked up at Dean. "Angel, let's have a baby." Cas couldn't even form words. They had talked about it before but now this could be for real. Before Dean could say any more Cas surged forward to hug him and kiss him and thank him. They were going to start a family.

After tea Cas was still beaming at the thought of a family. He grabbed Dean and took him to the shop to find more Christmas decorations because "Dean! We need to be more festive your brother is bringing Mary round tomorrow and it's her first Christmas!"

Dean was dragged from shop to shop until the impala's boot was full. When they got home they hung tinsel, fairy lights and snowmen from every shelf and wall Castiel desired. Dean wasn't one for Christmas but seeing Cas's face light up was his favourite thing, so he would put up with it for him.

They ended the day snuggled on the sofa watching the muppets Christmas carol.