Flight

Flight. Something that birds are born with and something that humans have sought out for centuries. There was the old tale of a man who used wax to attach feathers to his body and threw himself off a tower only for the wax to melt giving way to his downward decent into death. For the longest time people thought that achieving what birds did every day was a simple fantasy written about in novels.

But that was long ago. Long before Feliciano Vargas was born. And now as he soared through the open blue with blurs of passing forests flashing before his eyes, the wind throwing his hair backwards to the point where he was worried as to whether or not it would be ripped out, he realised that this is what many people never got to experience.
How he pitied them. They never had the chance to feel the adrenaline coursing through their veins as they were being thrown about through the sky by what we would now call a plane.

As Feli began to slow down, fearing that his brother Lovino would not approve of his obsession with a thing so unnatural as flight, a bright red object flew alongside him; soon passing by as it sped away.

Letting his curiosity get the best of him Feliciano didn't back down and instead turned up the acceleration. Eventually he caught up with the red blur as both heads turned to face the fellow pilot. Brown met with blue as their eyes locked in a struggle to look away.

Failing to see the warning lights telling him he was low on fuel, his green pride and joy sputtered out low grumbles and black smoke erupted from the engine. He panicked. He snapped his head forward and jabbed at a few buttons. The blue orbs that had been following him also faced forward and followed him in his decent. Feli was too preoccupied with making his landing as smooth as possible.

With an audibly loud crash the green pride of the Vargas family landed on a flat stretch of land. Soon after a fairly large, 2 passenger plane with a visa my fresh coat of red paint landed smoothly near by. Feli exited his aircraft and removed his helmet while slightly panting. The beads of sweat that had been trapped in his forehead dripped down all over his face.

A tall blonde man soon emerged from his own vehicle and made his way over to the small man who had recently crashed his own plane. Ludwig was in the middle of thinking about how stupid one must be to fail to see a giant flashing red light screaming that there was about to be trouble when he had made it to his destination. In front of the other pilot.

He was a lot smaller in person and had an innocent aura surrounding him. His short, brown hair fell softly over his face and had an odd curl that stuck out the side of his head. It was very contrasted by the German man with blonde hair slicked back with gel that made his already sharpe jawline stick out even more. The innocent aura was also contrasted to Ludwig's stoic expression.

One looked like they might surrender any minute and the other looked trained for war. But in a way, they complemented eachother.

"Are you okay?" Ludwig asked, unsure of what else to say.
The other man simply giggled and managed out a small "I'm fine. Should've been watching what was going on, but I was too caught up in your eyes." He giggled some more.
He seemed to be very straightforward with his feelings as if it were natural to say them freely.

"Oh! I'm Feliciano Vargas by the way, but you can call me Feli!"

"Ok, I'm Ludwig Beilschmidt. Nice to meet you." He held out his hand in a gesture of asking to be shaken. Feliciano took it and blushed slightly at their hands making contact.

With a dusted shade of pink across his cheeks Ludwig reluctantly sighed, "I could fly you back if you want. I don't have any spare fuel on me, but I could help you back and you could get some more and-"

"That'd be great! Thanks Luddy!"

Luddy? When had Feli thought of that? It was so childish and yet strangely fitting to his nature. Innocent.