Chapter 11- The new man in town

AUTHOR'S NOTE-

Hey guys so I decided to write more. I wanted to write according to the TVD storyline but I couldn't find anything to actually make my story in line with. So I'm starting from season 4. Hope you like it! <3

_______________________________________________________________________________

3 MONTHS LATER.......

ALEX'S POV

My life is great right now. Everything is finally good with my family. I am living in the Mikaelson house right now. My relationship is better than ever with Damon. Caleb stayed in Mystic Falls for me. I know it was selfish of me to ask Caleb to stay but I need him in my life. I need my friend. Even though my life is great I can't say the same about everyone else. Alaric died. My heart was broken into a million pieces when Damon told me about it but I know it was worse for him, he lost his best friend. A bunch of the people of mystic falls town council died due to a strange fire. And the worst of all, Elena is now a vampire.

"Alexandra, your boyfriend is here to see you!" I heard my father shouting from downstairs. I rushed downstairs to see Damon standing on the door with flowers in his hand. "Hi!" I said I kissed him. "Hey beautiful" he smiled. "What are these for?" i asked taking the flowers. "I wanted to." he said. I smiled and took the flowers and kept them in the nearby vase. "How are you?" I asked him. He had been miserable since Ric died. It was after 2 weeks that I saw him smile "Better. Now that I'm with you" he kissed me. Our wonderful time was interrupted by my father who pretended to gag. "Very funny Klaus. Don't you have something else to do?" Damon said "I do but this is way funnier" my father said. I gave him a cold stare. "Ok, I'm leaving" he said as he walked away. "How's Elena?" I asked him

".She's miserable. I mean Stefan is teaching her an animal diet which is just so stupid. Vampires need human blood." he said "I drink animal blood" I said. He bit his lip awkwardly. "And you are great with it" he said with a smirk. I laughed "But I really don't think that it will be good for a new vampire." "Maybe, maybe not Damon" "Today is the funeral right?" I asked "Yes it is, this evening." he said "I am going to the grill now. want to come?" he asked. "You know what, I'd love to but I have some work right now. So I'll see you at the funeral?" i asked "I'll pick you up." he said as he kissed me "I love you" "I love you too Damon" I said and I let him go.

DAMON'S POV

I was sitting at the grill having my glass of bourbon when I saw Elena walk in. She came towards me and tried to sit next to me on the seat where Ric used to sit "That seat's taken" I said. "But there is no on sitting there" she said "Well, I'm just going to pretend like someone's there because the alternative is just too damn depressing" i said. The truth was I was still miserable about Ric dying. He was my only friend. I was putting on a brave face for Alex because I know she hated to see me sad. Elena walked over to my other side and sat on the stool.

"Did you set off the explosion that killed the town council?" she said "Am I wearing my I blew up the council T-shirt. Why does everybody keep asking me that?" I said sarcastically. Liz also asked me about this yesterday. "Did you?" she said "No" I said "Anything else" I continued taking a sip from my bourbon. "Yes" Elena continued "Something is wrong. I can't keep any of the animal blood inside" "Well there is a shock." I replied sarcastically. "I think I need your help" she said "Of course you do. Pick your meal, you've got Asian fusion, Mexican , what about some American good-old comfort food?" I said pointing towards the people standing in the bar. "No. no human blood. Stefan is right I atleast have to try to get through without hurting anyone" she said. I rolled my eyes. Why was my brother so naive. Human blood is the only way to survive. "Fine, come on" i said as i got up and took Elena's hand and walked towards a corner in the bar.