Chapter One

My Christmas gift to you....

~

Location: Silver Creek Hospital

Lord Thaddeus of the Wolves and Priest of the Moon was doing what every resurrected wolf desired to do.

Eat.

While sitting in the hospital ward, he was devouring an entire bag of burgers and slurping loudly on the drink he had ordered with it. The wolf didn't care about the strange looks he was getting as people walked by – he just winked at them while his mouth dripped tomato sauce.

Thaddeus was currently in the same hospital ward as Rachael Grey – the young wolf who had been through so much, and then sacrificed her wolf so he, and the Princess's mate, could come back to life. Rachael was a hero – and Thaddeus was bound to her with a debt that he could only repay in one way.

To kill the last of the bloodsuckers that placed this life on her.

Thaddeus was well aware of the battle that happened throughout his time of death – his little sister Seraphina had called for the dead Lords and Ladies to arise for a strike at vengeance. He remembered his bone wolf, his wrath, sprinting through the vampire's collection of scum and eradicating as many as he could. Thaddeus smiled as he recalled sinking his teeth into their flesh – slyly wiping a speck of tomato sauce from his lips.

The Lord of the Wolves went rigid when he saw a particular doctor walking towards him. Doctor Jameson was one of the best doctors in the wolf-world - he was one of Jade Grey's acquaintances and owed it to his dead mentor to take care of her daughter.

"My Lord..." Jameson said with no whispering tone to his voice, gaining some peculiar looks from passers-by.

Thaddeus gave him a cold look, his grey eyes all-too-calculating. "Thaddeus." He corrected with a deep voice that rustled hairs at the backs of necks. The doctor paused before continuing.

"Miss Grey is stable, we've received no further diagnosis on her coma and no decrease in any vital levels." Jameson reported, standing next to Thaddeus' seat as he licked his lips from finishing his twelfth burger.

He shuffled his footing. "It still means Miss Grey isn't breathing by herself, not eating besides the drip, and still using the urination bag-"

The Lord stood, shuffling his hands together, flicking crumbs on the clean ground and looked down at the doctor before him. Grey clouds brewed in his eyes as he finally spoke. "So," Thaddeus licked his lips. The doctor felt nauseous. "Same as yesterday?"

Doctor Jameson's nerves spoke for him. "And the day before... and the day before, and all the other days that you ordered me to perform another check-up."

He was oblivious to Thaddeus's clenched fists but couldn't stop talking. "You've been here for weeks, Thaddeus, shouldn't you be with you sister-"

The Lord of the Wolves drew upon the storm beneath his mind. His wolf arose to the disrespectful doctor before him, the same wolf that was powered with the quest of revenge – the doctor shrank into his coat, retreating to his shell like the tortoise he was.

The doctor murmured his apologies under his breath as Thaddeus walked away from him and towards the glass doors at the end of the corridor. People moved out of his way subconsciously, sensing the power that was wrapped in his body.

Thaddeus paid no heed to those around him as he entered the glass room, sealing and locking the door with a firm click. Rachael's room was in the glass-doored one for the mere fact that she was a coma patient, and the doctors needed to see her vitals at all times – her ward was located metres from the reception desk.