Part 14

"Shoes, towel, makeup. All set." I said, taking one last look at my luggage.

After my punishment was over, dad said we're going on vacation. We all needed it. Sadly thought, Devon said he won't come. Dad pushed and pushed, but Devon said he just couldn't. Said that Thomas needs school and get use to this life they have.

Devon is making enough money to support Thomas now. Thanks to his raise and all, everything seems as if it's going well there.

"Can we leave now Hilary?" Conner shouted from the front door.

"Okay, okay." I said walking down the stairs. "I was just making sure I had all my stuff."

As dad was putting the luggage's in the car, I triple checked my list making sure it was all up there.

"Dad, seriously. What's the occasion for the vacation?" I asked in the car.

"Well, we were going to tell you when we got there, but someone is inpatient so, might as well tell you now." Dad said.

Enough with the introduction! Just get on with it!

"We're going to celebrate the time we had our first family dinner."

Our first family dinner, I remember it.

~~~FLASHBACK MOMENT~~~

"Dad, I'm all set." I said.

While dad was on his phone, I was setting up the table, and cooking dinner. You'd think dad would pay more attention to his future family right now.

"Great job, kiddo." Dad said, once he got off his cellphone.

"I'm excited, dad. We get to be one small family."

"Me too, hun. I just hope you and Conner get along good. He should be here any second." Dad said, reading his text message.

"Conner? Who's Conner, dad?"

"Oh, Conner. Well, if things go good, he'll be your step-brother." 

I can't believe dad had the nerve to tell me this now! "Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I guess it just slipped out of my mind."

"I don't want a brother, dad. I never wanted a brother. And I don't want one now."

"Be reasonable, Hillary."

"No dad! What don't you get? I don't want a brother! I don't want an annoying little rug-rat who has nothing better to do with his life but to bother everyone in theirs. Do you know how brothers are, dad? They are a waste. They are a waste to human life. And Conner must be one too."

"Hillary!" Dad shouted. "Enough with this nonsense. You shouldn't judge someone without meeting them. You don't even know Conner yet."

"I don't care! This is bullshit!"

"Hillary Kate Thomas, don't you dare--" 

Ding dong!

Dad was cut off by the door bell. And thank god for that.

"We'll talk after." Dad said, and walked away giving me the look.

We'll, let me just say, we won't be talking after. Because I know how things are going to be one sided. If this dinner works as the planned, I know everything is going to be one sided.

"Hillary, come meet Conner and Julie." Dad said.

I took a big deep breath, tried to forget what I just said, put on a smile and went to meet the "family"

"Hi." I simply said.

"Oh, you must be Hillary. Your father talks so much about you!" Julie said, and gave me a great big hug.

"Um, hi." I said to Conner. "I'm Hillary."

"Conner" he said.

Really dad? This is who you want to make my step-brother. He didn't even look me in the eye. He didn't even look at me, or say hi, or anything. Gosh, I will not put up with this.

"Should we start dinner?" Dad suggested, and we all moved over to the dining table.

"Wow! This is great! " Julie said about the food I made. Made me feel pretty good about myself. "Conner, don't you think this good?" 

"Yeah, sure, whatever."  Conner said, and once again, didn't bother to look up.

"What's your problem?" I said outloud. Shit! That wasn't suppose to come out.

"Excuse me?" Conner said, and finally looked at me.

"I'm not going to eat you if you look in my eyes. I think I deserve some respect."

"Yeah, sure." Conner said, with all that attitude.

"Acting like that will mean you're going to be alone in life. Because someday I'll be living in a big old city, and all you're going to be is mean--"

"Hillary Kate Thomas!" Dad shouted, which scared me."I've had just enough of you today. Go straight to your room young lady."

I got off my seat and walked over to the stairs. "Whatever. This is bullshit."

"I guess this is a bad time to announce about our marriage." Julie said in a low voice.

While I was walking up the stairs, I looked over at the dinner table.

"Really?" Conner said. "Congratulations."

He wanted this. He wanted to ruin my life. Gosh, I hate him.

~~~~~~~~~

Man, I was really rude to Conner back then. Thank god this family thing is working out.

____________________________________________

YAAAY! I've FINALLY put up the chapter! Man, wasn't Hillary such a rude person? By the way, to any brothers out there. Don't take this offensivly. I mean, this was Hillary just being.. something! Keep reading, vote, comment, and make sure to chck out my other books!:)