Chapter 61- You bring me Strength

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

James glanced down towards his own stomach then returned to her troubled expression, "Slightly, it's sore but the pain is worth it. Reminds me how grateful I am to have you in my life." He said, smirking after causing Harper to smile in defeat.

Harper suddenly blurted out, "I've got to go alert the Doctors. And your parents a-and there's-

-"Harper." James said softly, smiling as he reached for her hand. Harper stopped fussing returning back to his attention. "I want to spend this night with you. Just you." He added.

"But, that would be unfair. Your parents are worried sick and the Doctors need to check over you. James! You've just woken up after...being unconscious for nearly a week!" Harper fretted.

James still continued to smile as he said, "Harper, you hear that?"

Harper stopped, frowning as she questioned his behaviour. James took a hold of her hand once more gently placing it across his chest or to be specific where she could feel his heart beating fast beneath her fingertips. Wetting his bottom lip he titled his head to left where Harper followed. "Hear that. That's my heart. And on that cardiac monitor it shows my heart beating at a consistent fast beat..." Harper glanced at the monitor watching it peak fast continually as James continued, "Know why? Because I'm crazy about you and I want nothing more than to spend this night with you. Let me...hold you, Harper. Let this fool who's madly in love with you spend this night with you." He pleaded squeezing her hand in his own. "I've missed us."

Harper couldn't deny the butterflies that attacked within her stomach and for that moment went against her conscious and followed her heart instead. "Okay, James." She smiled. James opened his arms bringing the tubes that latched onto his skin with him as he moved over allowing Harper to slip in.

Carefully she lay beside him and instantly he wrapped a single arm around her. Gradually his fingers began to caress her arm as he softly sang, "Because all of me, loves all of you...-

Harper smuggled in laughter, "You have a beautiful voice."

"Do I?" James asked.

"Yes." Harper replied.

"I love you." He murmured, slowly feeling dazed and lightheaded with exhaustion falling upon him. Harper moved in closer returning the same three words, "I love you." Then she heard his heavy breathing as he fell asleep. Harper smiled, kissed his arm then closing her own eyes in defeat.

It was real wasn't it?

The following morning, Harper was only in more tears only they were tears in joy instead as she shared the same reaction as his parents who fleeted on him without second thought. Mrs Brewer planted kisses all over his face that he squirmed teasingly, whereas with his father it shocked James that when he came to offer his hand, Michael refused and brought him into an immense hug. Violet had her fair share hugging him that James complained of suffocation.

-"You know I love you sis."

"You worth-ship me." She declared, smirking as she planted her hands on her hips. James smiled in return then indiscreetly shared a look with Harper who blushed.

-"So Doctors, they're pleased with your recovery. When do think they'll let you out." His Mother piped in. James stretched his arms out gently then replied, "Don't know. I'm hoping soon. What about the press? And have we got a hearing date yet?"

"I've sorted it, Son. Kept it minimal. And...we haven't been told as of yet." Michael cut in.

James scoffed, "I get f**king shot and they're still deciding on a date yet. I want that maniac locked up. Perhaps he'll enjoy the lack of p***y he'll get in there."