Heather's pov.

My first day at Sopel high school was all played out on my head.

I would waltz into my first class looking snazzy and collected.

I would answer just enough questions in class so my peers would know that I'm not an airhead but not a strait-A smarty pants either.

I would be friendly to a few people and sit with them at lunch but I would be snappy enough that the school bitches would leave me alone.

I would be polite to my teachers but snicker with the rest of the class when they were made fun of. I was finally starting over. I was going to be popular.

I stepped out of my car and walked down a long, wide sidewalk. Large oaks spread a wide canopy over the parking lot and entrance gates, dropping hazardous acorns as the wind raged. My ballet flats and pencil skirt attracted a few glances as I walked into the quart yard but I didn't even pause to see the onlookers. I had already spotted the most gorgeous boy in the school.

He had deep blue eyes and a half smile that almost made me swoon. His dark blonde hair curled over his forehead and ears with that "I woke up like this" look. He was surrounded with friends, joking and laughing with people I didn't know. But it wasn't his popularity that deterred me. It was the fact that he had his arm around a little redhead whose green eyes glimmered with humor.

She was beautiful. I sighed sadly, why couldn't I attract babes like that.

A blond girl sidled up to me, looping a thin arm around my shoulders. "That is off limits." She sighed as if she had read my thoughts about the boy. I turned to her "Why? Is he dating someone?" She glanced up at me "Oh honey he is VERY taken. I'm Aubrie by the way." I shook her hand and glimpsed ten perfect, pink nails. Aubrie showed me to my first class and told me to meet her at lunch. I smiled inwardly. So far so good on my popularity quest.